Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Searching for Sand: Out of the Jungle into the Desert Part 2 - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 2 Jun 2023

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above (all levels)

Meeting time: 3:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Nahil Deflation Point
https://maps.app.goo.gl/etEMS1sU4Y9y3Cvi6

Action Plan: Last month I had found the deserts in and around Dubai and Sharjah transformed into gardens, or even jungles, covered with grass and bushes that made driving quite challenging, in a non-fun way. So, I set up a weekday drive to explore and find real sand in the Sweihan area., And indeed, fresh, clean, sand we found. This time, the goal will be to trace back the track driven the last time, from Nahil to Nagrah Dune, and beyond all the way to our planned exit along E16. Once more, as with most of my drives, the goal will be to cross as much terrain as possible, aiming for famous off-roading landmarks, but mostly searching for clean tracks, less travelled sets of dunes, and cover as much ground as possible. The previous drive saw a short 3-car convoy take the sand, while this time hopefully a longer convoy will make the drive more challenging.

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 7:00 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Wednesday - 5 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar 

• Gaurav changed the title to Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Searching for Sand: Out of the Jungle into the Desert Part 2 - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 2 Jun 2023
15 hours ago, DP1011 said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi Is the start point going to be somewhere in Nahil ? ( I am hopeful of making it to this one 🤞)

Yes @DP1011. We'll meet just off the tarmac. Will poWill he meeting point ASAP. Hope to see you. 

• Like (+1) 1

Dear @Jona, @Amr Aydin, @Fabien Monleau, @Bashar Beasha and hopefully @DP1011, this is the "classic" Nahil deflation point:

Nahil Deflation Point
https://maps.app.goo.gl/etEMS1sU4Y9y3Cvi6

Short drive's briefing to follow. Thanks

• Like (+1) 3

Dear @Jona, @Amr Aydin, @Fabien Monleau, @Naveen Raj@Bashar Beasha and hopefully @DP1011, the briefing will be short.

Enter the dunes east of the track, follow them West, then North, reach Nagrah, loop around its star dunes, cross the sabkha, re-enter the dunes, aim North once again, cross more dunes, taller and taller, reach the exit. 

Convoy order:

@Fabien Monleau in Second Lead 

@Bashar Beasha at #3

@Jona at #4

@Amr Aydin at #5

@Naveen Raj in Sweep.

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Have a nice evening. 

• Like (+1) 4

@Ale Vallecchi Making it a convoy of 8,  would be pleasure to have this friday noon longdrive!

If my boss corelates my weekday offs to your drives, he will know about my actual reasons for being off "son's school, doctor appt, muscle pull" 🤣🤣!

would be looking forward to seeing others too @Amr Aydin @JeromeFJ @Fabien Monleau @Jona  and first with @Bashar Beasha and @Naveen Raj!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

@Amr Aydin @JeromeFJ @Fabien Monleau @Jona , @DP1011, @JeromeFJ@Bashar Beasha and @Naveen Raj

Sorry but I'm running a bit late. Will reach around 3:20. Take your time. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Thank you @Ale Vallecchi for a great drive yesterday afternoon. I really liked the way your draw your lines in this vast playground of Nahel - Sweihan.  As usual, making the most of the terrain and the time frame available!

@Fabien Monleau @Jona @Bashar Beasha @DP1011 @Naveen Raj @Amr Aydin very smooth ride, it was a pleasure to share the afternoon with you !

20230603_111127.jpg.6b4454c3f88979e0c6c01b0d4ef885d9.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use