Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Margham - Dubai - 23 July 2023

Hisham Masaad

Thank @Davie Chase for the report, saving my time, and go direct to thank you first of all, for supporting the drive and for the effort to get the car of @Arun Menon out safely. Margham has changed, more bushes, similar to other areas, and very much smaller dunes, with soft sand in some areas. Smaller as well, after building the fence around the new petroleum activities, but still nice and good enough for new off-roaders to practice and enjoy. Different to many NB drives, we did  not have much refusals and stucks, great NB drivers. Weather temperature was really nice, it is only the sandy wind was not allowing to enjoy the low temperature. All did great job, till unfortunate incident of the xterra of @Arun Menon,  which i am hoping will be fixed fast and less cost. @Issam Atra @Vishnu Ramankuttyamazing AN members, you both did very well as a first drive for you, keep it up. @Haneef Thayyil @DTG @Pavel Pashkovskiy @Amir Amiriglad to meet you again, every thing was going smooth. Hope you checked the tyre @Haneef Thayyil and all good to go for the next drive. Many thanks @Pavel Pashkovskiy for the coffee as usual. Congratulations @Amir Amiri for the new car, was a smart move to repalce with FJ. I am sure you are feeling the difference now. Big thanks for @Theo09 and @Arda Yagcioglu for being greet SL and SW. Look forward to see you again.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 7/23/2023 at 2:58 PM, Davie Chase said:

@Arun Menon please let us know how you get on with your car once you have the diagnosis etc. 

UPDATE :

- The issue was brittle transmission hoses.

When everything was re-connected and topped-up with full transmission fluid, everything worked. However, an overnight stay at the garage showed fluid leaks. Hoses are getting replaced as we speak. Should be ready later this afternoon

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Arun Menon said:

UPDATE :

- The issue was brittle transmission hoses.

When everything was re-connected and topped-up with full transmission fluid, everything worked. However, an overnight stay at the garage showed fluid leaks. Hoses are getting replaced as we speak. Should be ready later this afternoon

Great to know @Arun Menon. Thanks for the update, and glad it is minor issue.

Just now, Hisham Masaad said:

After the promotion, not sure will see you next week end 😅

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hisham Masaad said:

After the promotion, not sure will see you next week end 😅

great to hear, and I am glad that my eyes are still ok as I did not see transmission fluid on the stick as we only had half a cup full, good lesson not to push a bad situation, as if we had kept trying we could have done damage to the planetaries etc.. Glad it all worked out for you and you are getting it fixed quickly, look forward to seeing you in the sand again very soon :).

• Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

18 minutes ago, Davie Chase said:

great to hear, and I am glad that my eyes are still ok as I did not see transmission fluid on the stick as we only had half a cup full, good lesson not to push a bad situation, as if we had kept trying we could have done damage to the planetaries etc.. Glad it all worked out for you and you are getting it fixed quickly, look forward to seeing you in the sand again very soon :).

@Davie ChaseWe will be calling you now Davie Falcon Eye 🦅

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

22 minutes ago, Pavel Pashkovskiy said:

@Davie ChaseWe will be calling you now Davie Falcon Eye 🦅

@Pavel Pashkovskiy was on my way to optician mate to get my glasses checked mate  :) 

Important Information

Terms of use