7 minutes ago, Mark B said:

Looking forward to it mate try out my new flappy paddles 🤗🤗

I'm intermediate now 😬😬 just saying 😂 

Flappy paddles are the future mate! 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Mark B said:

Looking forward to it mate try out my new flappy paddles 🤗🤗

I'm intermediate now 😬😬 just saying 😂 

Now that you are intermediate does that mean I have to call you sir?

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Great drive @Looper! Despite some green start you managed to take us to  clean dunes in second half of the drive!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 200th! WAS HONOR TO BE PART OF YOUR MILESTONE ACHEIVEMENT!

and was pleasure to see all known faces! See you all soon in desert guys🤞

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Was it a FB+, perhaps more than that. I remember my first Intermediate drive more than two years ago and looking back now, frankly it might not have been this intense. At that time it was super intense no doubt about it. So in that regard it trumps an IM drive as well. Would I change anything from what we did today for a FB or IM drive? - nah, nada nothing changes. It's just an experience, either we chose to cherish or choose to forget about. I tend to keep it for the record and it was a damn good drive for my 200th entry in to the stats. Technically it is 196th drive per se; as there are 4 "drives" that aren't drives as such we will get to it in a month. I think; I will celebrate 3 years and proper 200 drives together with @Carnity in September this year.

Coming back to today's drive in my mind there are 4 parts of the drive.

Part one: when we started from our starting point we were supposed to head straight ahead, however looking at many many extra long wheel based cars it was prudent to go 10'o clock from the starting point to find some long range dunes. We did well in the start. While it is bushy as a river bed, yet we did find a lot of long range dunes to navigate and we were able to manage a good pace. As I mentioned at the start of the drive, speed was the objective and whatever we find on the way is a bonus. Few refusals here and there did hamper the flow a bit but we all know it is part of the game - nothing can be done about it.

Part two: After our first break we started our second part of the drive and in this part we reached the first Sabkha. Towards the end we were supposed to play on some long range dunes but the gps caused some navigational issues. While we did exactly as I planned back at my home; I was having the issue with Gaia GPS to pin point accurate position. Perhaps the phone was too hot to handle so it was hanging a bit. I was at some level driving in the blind and I faced this issue a couple of more times. 

Part three: After crossing the first Sabkha it was the first technical area followed by long range dunes in this section. By the time we reached to the long range dunes I was lost, as my gps hanged again. I had basic idea where I was but it would have been much better if I knew where exactly I was as I did not want to deviate much from my planed track. If I had better idea we would have played a bit more there.

We in the forth phase of the drive cross the second Sabkah to reach Little Swaihan. there was an unfortunate incident but luckily it was not serious. We did a couple of things in this part; for the first half we drove in some super technical areas and towards the exit I kept to edges of the area to find some lost pace that we were looking for. We finished the drive on the dot 9:30 as planned.

Thank you all for joining this drive. Thanks @Jaro Tuzinsky for an excellent second lead and @DP1011 for sweeping the convoy. 

497278267_Screenshot2023-08-19at4_06_50PM.jpg.aebf5a41095cdf235a0f9577c8b5b36e.jpg

image.png.59fb398f578da6d3c44e581b289ac1e9.png

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

2 hours ago, Looper said:

Was it a FB+, perhaps more than that. I remember my first Intermediate drive more than two years ago and looking back now, frankly it might not have been this intense. At that time it was super intense no doubt about it. So in that regard it trumps an IM drive as well. Would I change anything from what we did today for a FB or IM drive? - nah, nada nothing changes. It's just an experience, either we chose to cherish or choose to forget about. I tend to keep it for the record and it was a damn good drive for my 200th entry in to the stats. Technically it is 196th drive per se; as there are 4 "drives" that aren't drives as such we will get to it in a month. I think; I will celebrate 3 years and proper 200 drives together with @Carnity in September this year.

Coming back to today's drive in my mind there are 4 parts of the drive.

Part one: when we started from our starting point we were supposed to head straight ahead, however looking at many many extra long wheel based cars it was prudent to go 10'o clock from the starting point to find some long range dunes. We did well in the start. While it is bushy as a river bed, yet we did find a lot of long range dunes to navigate and we were able to manage a good pace. As I mentioned at the start of the drive, speed was the objective and whatever we find on the way is a bonus. Few refusals here and there did hamper the flow a bit but we all know it is part of the game - nothing can be done about it.

Part two: After our first break we started our second part of the drive and in this part we reached the first Sabkha. Towards the end we were supposed to play on some long range dunes but the gps caused some navigational issues. While we did exactly as I planned back at my home; I was having the issue with Gaia GPS to pin point accurate position. Perhaps the phone was too hot to handle so it was hanging a bit. I was at some level driving in the blind and I faced this issue a couple of more times. 

Part three: After crossing the first Sabkha it was the first technical area followed by long range dunes in this section. By the time we reached to the long range dunes I was lost, as my gps hanged again. I had basic idea where I was but it would have been much better if I knew where exactly I was as I did not want to deviate much from my planed track. If I had better idea we would have played a bit more there.

We in the forth phase of the drive cross the second Sabkah to reach Little Swaihan. there was an unfortunate incident but luckily it was not serious. We did a couple of things in this part; for the first half we drove in some super technical areas and towards the exit I kept to edges of the area to find some lost pace that we were looking for. We finished the drive on the dot 9:30 as planned.

Thank you all for joining this drive. Thanks @Jaro Tuzinsky for an excellent second lead and @DP1011 for sweeping the convoy. 

497278267_Screenshot2023-08-19at4_06_50PM.jpg.aebf5a41095cdf235a0f9577c8b5b36e.jpg

image.png.59fb398f578da6d3c44e581b289ac1e9.png

Congratulations on your 200th drive @Looper.

I sincerely enjoyed todays drive as it was a part of the area I have not been before.

As for being frantic I can attest to that after going through all my driving records it was the fastest average speed that I’ve recorded over a drive.

Bring on a super IM category after todays spirited drive 😁

IMG_1172.png

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Great drive @Looper I really appreciate the variety of drives we experience in Carnity.

Loved the fast pace and as always being in a long wheelbase at the back of a long convoy leads to some interesting situations, in the first portion of the drive there was a short double cross over which upset the Gladiator, made the right decision to come down with the other long wheelbases following. Shortly after this as we were coming down from a left sidey there was a cross over to the right , I witnessed @Joseph Raju crossing and didn’t think I was in the right position to come down and cross over without a potential flip, so tried to find an easy re route , unfortunately this led to an excellent crest situation, self recovery was not possible so @Mark B gave a good tug and we were on our way again. 

My only regret yesterday is I didn’t bring the camera to record the drive. 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use