Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Faqa'a - Dubai - 19 Aug 2023

Looper

Thanks for a fantastic drive @Looperand team! Great to return to a fewbie plus after a while and thoroughly enjoyed it at the back of the convoy with the Gladiator boys!

Obviously very disappointed with the incident that happened, and that now puts me out of any drives until my truck is repaired. Sad times 🥲

Hope to see you all soon! 

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Gary F said:

Great drive @Looper I really appreciate the variety of drives we experience in Carnity.

Loved the fast pace and as always being in a long wheelbase at the back of a long convoy leads to some interesting situations, in the first portion of the drive there was a short double cross over which upset the Gladiator, made the right decision to come down with the other long wheelbases following. Shortly after this as we were coming down from a left sidey there was a cross over to the right , I witnessed @Joseph Raju crossing and didn’t think I was in the right position to come down and cross over without a potential flip, so tried to find an easy re route , unfortunately this led to an excellent crest situation, self recovery was not possible so @Mark B gave a good tug and we were on our way again. 

My only regret yesterday is I didn’t bring the camera to record the drive. 

Remember there’s always going to be a next time. 

1 hour ago, Mark D said:

Thanks for a fantastic drive @Looperand team! Great to return to a fewbie plus after a while and thoroughly enjoyed it at the back of the convoy with the Gladiator boys!

Obviously very disappointed with the incident that happened, and that now puts me out of any drives until my truck is repaired. Sad times 🥲

Hope to see you all soon! 

It’s literally a fender bender so hopefully it gets fixed soon. Looking forward to seeing you soon in the dunes. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Hej, all is was a great drive, everyone done a brilliant job @Looper thank your for your track selection and leading us. A small surprise for you:)

Edited by Jaro Tuzinsky
  • Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 6

16 minutes ago, Jaro Tuzinsky said:

Hej, all is was a great drive, everyone done a brilliant job @Looper thank your for your track selection and leading us. A small surprise for you:)

Thanks. That was a surprise jump as on the other side there was a depression on the top. 

• Like (+1) 3

It looked more intense than I felt. This it the time we took the first break and moved towards the second part of the drive.

While I was a bit surprised by it I clearly did not expect it to go the way it did. After 200 drives I would think I would know when and where to control speed but it seems I was fast enough to launch me, but not fast enough to land in all four. I am suspecting the uneven dune formation towards the climb.

It’s always a learning experience, it never ends and plus is that it was good to learn without much expense. 

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use