•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - FB52 (Lesaily, Dubai) - 03 Dec 2023

Looper

8 minutes ago, Naim Aoun said:

Dear @DP1011, I don't feel well and I am not sure I will be able to join tmw..  Next time inchallah.. Sorry for late cancellation, I was hoping to feel better by now.. 

Thanks, 

NA 

Sorry to hear, take care my friend and wish u speedy recovery @Naim Aoun

• Like (+1) 1

This was an amazing drive today for many reasons. We had an excellent path set by @Simon D on one of his first drives as marshal. Felt like we were in very capable hands with good communication throughout the drive. We also had a good mix of technical, sabkha, sidings, and ridge riding, which I got a lot experience with today. It was good to meet you finally @Varun Mehndiratta and looking forward to driving with you again soon. Thanks @george charbel for making sure no one was left behind. I got to know @Faraz94 @Arravind @Stan @Deepak Eswar.

It was also memorable because we actually made 52 kms in observance of the 52nd annual UAE National Day in more or less the same drive time as a normal drive. A testament to the guidance we had and of the caliber of drivers on the convoy. Impressive driving everyone.

Finally and not in the least, it just might be my last drive as a Fewbie. I'm applying for Fewbie Plus today after finally being able to get in 10 drives in 6 months. This past year and part of last year was a challenge to keep up with consistent drives but I've done it today and what a great bunch of memories to have had on this one.

Have an awesome week ahead everyone and see you on the sand soon!

@Faraz94 @Arravind @Stan @Ishak @Deepak Eswar @Frans M @george charbel ( Convoy 2 - with @Simon D @Varun Mehndiratta )

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Convoy 2 Drive Report :

Dear Desert Warriors ,

@Faraz94 @Arravind @Stan @Ishak @Deepak Eswar @Frans M @george charbel @Emanuel

this is the only word i could describe the way you have driven today. we have not only achieved our Goal of 52 KM but also exceeded to reach 69 KM 💪 .

We started slowly driving through some easy flat tracks until we have warmed up to start afterwards practicing the ridge riding , criss crossing , then after seeing how well you are doing ,i decided to take you through a patch of technical terrain before we moved to a faster pace and higher dunes to enjoy the long range ridge riding  .

eventually to finish up we have played a little bit at the end doing some side slopping .

you guys, could take what ever challenges i put you through.... Simply  you were unstoppable!!!

Special thanks to @Varun Mehndiratta for looking over my shoulder and @george charbel for making sure no one is left behind.

Finally i would love to Congratulate @DP1011 for his 1st lead drive 🎉 and for inviting me to lead the 2nd convoy  Well Done buddy 

below you could find drive statistics and information  

SmartSelect_20231203_204220_GaiaGPS.jpg.e55b463d0a3bfb972d14a60abc8e3098.jpg

SmartSelect_20231203_204050_GaiaGPS.jpg.6d3e25170cb006ccb1e9a57d5b5dc487.jpg

SmartSelect_20231203_204104_GaiaGPS.jpg.294ba6b6a7ad3a04d5f5c3530b58ef83.jpg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

33 minutes ago, Simon D said:

Convoy 2 Drive Report :

Dear Desert Warriors ,

@Faraz94 @Arravind @Stan @Ishak @Deepak Eswar @Frans M @george charbel @Emanuel

this is the only word i could describe the way you have driven today. we have not only achieved our Goal of 52 KM but also exceeded to reach 69 KM 💪 .

We started slowly driving through some easy flat tracks until we have warmed up to start afterwards practicing the ridge riding , criss crossing , then after seeing how well you are doing ,i decided to take you through a patch of technical terrain before we moved to a faster pace and higher dunes to enjoy the long range ridge riding  .

eventually to finish up we have played a little bit at the end doing some side slopping .

you guys, could take what ever challenges i put you through.... Simply  you were unstoppable!!!

Special thanks to @Varun Mehndiratta for looking over my shoulder and @george charbel for making sure no one is left behind.

Finally i would love to Congratulate @DP1011 for his 1st lead drive 🎉 and for inviting me to lead the 2nd convoy  Well Done buddy 

below you could find drive statistics and information  

SmartSelect_20231203_204220_GaiaGPS.jpg.e55b463d0a3bfb972d14a60abc8e3098.jpg

SmartSelect_20231203_204050_GaiaGPS.jpg.6d3e25170cb006ccb1e9a57d5b5dc487.jpg

SmartSelect_20231203_204104_GaiaGPS.jpg.294ba6b6a7ad3a04d5f5c3530b58ef83.jpg

Thank You @Simon D & @Varun Mehndiratta for this amazing and beautiful drive. The most amazing thing was the track, which was complimented by the pace of drive. This drive helped me practice more technical areas as well as the ridge riding. Overall, a fantastic experience on a lovely morning 😍🔥🚗

P.S: Thanks @Arravind for keeping an eye on my bumper 😄

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

@Simon D this was the first time for me to drive under your lead, and it was a great drive. The tracks were fulfilling the crave for desert drives from high speed flat tracks, technical dunes, side sloping, some ridges. I believe everyone had fun with the drive. Thanks again for a very good lead. See you on the next drives.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 12/2/2023 at 3:20 PM, DP1011 said:

Dear all ,

Thanks for your interest on joining this drive, am looking forward to this seeing you all tomorrow !   Thanks to @Simon D and @Varun Mehndiratta that we managed to extend and split the convoy so every one could be accommodated.  
Please find below the convoy list - Please also ensure the fuel tanks are full :) 

@Marek_was003 @Mahesh_ @Mohammad Sayawoush Azad @Issam Atra @Sreenath G @Gurcharan Mehta @Naim Aoun @Mahmoud Taha ( Convoy 1 - with Deepak)/ @Looper

@Faraz94 @Arravind @Emanuel @Stan @Ishak @Deepak Eswar @Frans M @george charbel ( Convoy 2 - with @Simon D @Varun Mehndiratta )

Have a good evening and good sleep and we all see each other tomorrow morning Meeting time 6.30  

image.png.e92ba7a78f0cad83428bdba143f3d229.png

image.png.24b793dd1e5abbda44c9735cafde5cea.png

Hi @DP1011 

A heartfelt thank you for an incredible desert drive experience! Your diverse desert driving expertise made the journey both thrilling and safe. The weather was perfect, and the sunrise, adorned with hot air balloons and a silver-lined fog over the city skyline, was truly mesmerizing. The challenging route showcased your leadership, and the team’s success is a testament to your guidance. Looking forward to many more adventures under your lead!

IMG_1121.jpeg

IMG_1119.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear Fellow desert wanders 

@Marek_was003 @Mahesh_  @Issam Atra @Sreenath G @Gurcharan Mehta  @Mahmoud Taha ( Convoy 1 - with Deepak)/ @Looper

@Faraz94 @Arravind @Emanuel @Stan @Ishak @Deepak Eswar @Frans M @george charbel ( Convoy 2 - with @Simon D @Varun Mehndiratta  

firstly thank you all for showing up on time it was great to see you all absolutely so disciplined and on time - the best way to start the drive !

Post briefing the Convoy 1 started at 7 am and Convoy 2 , just after 10 minutes later . 

Convoy 1 Drive report 

While aiming for 52kms, but not taking any pressure, we decided to head towards Solar chimney as the intention was to cover Technical and Long range dunes . Thanks to the skill of entire convoy, I kept levelling up the drive and we kept moving swiftly initially through long range dunes, then getting a flavor of technical area, which was again happily accepted by the convoy members and with out the need of rope/shovel, the technical area was well completed. We then moved on to experience the long range dunes and the train continued on the lucrative ridges, which we kept moving from ridge to ridge until the first refusal where i was crested on a sharp ridge with hard sand , thanks to morning dew factor - the only refusal which required rope.  Post ridges the drive offered us some vegetation  and the convoy handled and dealt with it with immense patience.  Looking at the time, we decide to exit towards Qudra solar park, and on the way we had a roller coaster ride with some sides which am sure , like me all of you too thoroughly cherished ! 

A big thank you to @Looper - which boosted my confidence , with you having my back.

@Mahmoud Taha  A great job at sweep my friend you kept me well informed and more importantly kept the convoy together at the back. Also assisting with the recoveries - which gave me some time to be relaxed and chilled while you managed those :)

@Marek_was003 - You did great for your first FB drive - am sure in coming drives you will learn more on how to control those couple of instances of fishtailing . Thanks for capturing those amazing pictures !  , @Issam Atra @Mahesh_ and @Sreenath G, - the other fewbies of the convoy- You guys  without exception drove fantastically and were very impressive.  Special mention to you guys , that I could keep levelling up the drive. 

@Gurcharan Mehta - Jeep power :D , I know you had a relaxed drive with your breast ! 

I hope you all enjoyed the drive today as much as I did.

Thank you all,  and I look forward to seeing you again in coming drives ! 

Some stats for you from our drive for convoy 1 

MicrosoftTeams-image (1).png

MicrosoftTeams-image (2).png

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use