•  

Full Day Desert Drive - Liwa Yellow Truck - Abu Dhabi - 16 Dec 2023

Looper

Are you camping ?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Are you camping ? 🏕️

• Looper changed the title to Full Day Desert Drive - Liwa Yellow Truck - Abu Dhabi - 16 Dec 2023
3 hours ago, Bravoecho said:

Would have loved to do this @Looper but will have to put this on the 2024 list 

2 hours ago, PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke said:

oh no im out of the country! 
Looper Can you do it again in January for me and @Jaro Tuzinsky ? ;-)

4 hours ago, Jaro Tuzinsky said:

So pitty i will be out of country:(  guys have a great trip and fun!

No worries there will be more such drives in the future. There’s always a next time.

• Like (+1) 3

don't drive like its your last one.

@Rafey Hashmi I have done Yellow Truck a couple of times. Once in FB (2020) convoy doing 101 km (GaiaGPS) and another time in a FB+ convoy (2021) (GaiaGPS) driving about 146 km. There was however a significant length of the drive done on a pilon track. Both times I carried 40l. For FB I didn’t fill till I reached the end point but for FB+ I did fill in 20l during lunch stop and remaining at the end. Note that in the desert I drive diligently conserving fuel, by keeping the auto stop-start on as well as switching off the car whenever we had any stoppages.

This time around we will drive approximately 100-110 km through the desert without any pillion track. I would recommend that you carry a minimum of 20l of fuel. 40l fuel, however, is an ideal recommendation considering the inordinate delays that could happen in the desert and there won’t be any nearby fuel stations unlike here when we drive in Dubai. 

We will update the recommendation again when the track is done, and the convoys are near finalized.

PS: the FB+ drive was longer since we had to recover a car from the drive, and it took about 40 km otherwise it would have been 100km drive as well. 

Edited by Looper
updated details
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

37 minutes ago, Alphin Aloor said:

Sorry if i missed this in the writeup - when does the rsvp open?

image.png

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Please note that the participation limit is set at 20 & we will have at least 2 split convoys. 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use