•  

Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Two for One - Part 2 - Lisaili to Faqa - Dubai - 21 Jan 2024

20 hours ago, Rafey Hashmi said:

Hey @Ale Vallecchi,

Any chances of being added to the drive? 😊

Hello @Rafey Hashmi. Please join the drive if you wish. I can add you once you confirm. Thanks 

Just now, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hello @Rafey Hashmi. Please join the drive if you wish. I can add you once you confirm. Thanks 

Yes sir! Confirmed and thanks!! 

• Like (+1) 1

Throughly enjoyed the drive. First time with you @Ale Vallecchi certainly won't be the last :D

Learning from the drive: 
1. Jimny's can climb (almost) anything; just need momentum, first gear and their own route.
2. Solar park tower is confirmed to be the Eye of Sauron. 👁️
3. Today's drive rewrote the meaning of 'technical drive' in my books 👏🏼
4. Whether its digging out an entire dune or fixing a tricky pop out - @Ale Vallecchi knows how to keep his cool 😎

See you all on the next one! 

#JimnyPower

Edited by Rafey Hashmi
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Well said @Rafey Hashmi

it was impressive to see the Jimmy hammer through - well driven. Well driven by all! As @Ale Vallecchi mentioned those technical dunes are very tricky and you all handled them well! Thanks Ale for a great afternoon out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

I wish we had some more time to shot some photos - we had 2x 392s in the convoy, and this is not only rare, but such a wasted opportunity for good pictures :-) Nearly 45km of short dunes, driven mainly in 1st to 2nd gear.

image.png.20869e07e9c4c37fd063be34cc6f52e1.png

@Ale Vallecchi, thank you for super technical drive and a lot of fun. I can feel my hand muscles today, which means there was a lot of steering wheel action. And it counts. Also - the way you dug yourself out reversing from that trench - from where I was standing it defied the laws of gravity. If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I would not believe it's even possible without pulling or winching you out.

I think it's time for me to change my nickname - ever since I joined, I am always in a third position, so I don't get to make any good rolling shots from there... there is little action going on between the first and second lead. Sometimes this:

DSC_0414.jpg.1af986c927a89c16bd879fa075768d76.jpg

But from where I am, it's usually only that:

DSC_0436.jpg.6a760b8256ec9c97522b29afb00a0899.jpg

We have finished during golden hour, participating in a social event with karak and lots of music:

DSC_0450.jpg.a9d8298028e0d7f6d8fbaa2d690afe9d.jpg

I hope everybody had as much fun as I did!

DSC_0444.jpg.9945124e95f5650208c158edcab944f0.jpg

@Julien Recan your jeep was parked in the perfect spot to catch these last sunset rays.

My custom-built bashing plate, designed not to look like a barn door - took the beating well and exceeded my expectations. Now time for a winch upgrade @Patrick van der Loo ? ;-)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use