Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Nahil to Solar Park - AD/DXB - 17 Feb 2024

3 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Good morning @Davie Chaseim sorry but I’m going to have to pull outside the drive. I was really looking forward to this weeks drive. 

I’ve come down with some illnesss in the last few hrs so we will see what the doc says 🤞

Continuing the circle of colds and flus in our household that started in November.

• Sad (0) 1

Dear Desert Wanders @Federico Galbieri, @Abdullah N, @Rafey Hashmi, @Mehmet Volga,  @Renier Venter, @Shaun J, @Robk, @frederic demolder, @Haneef Thayyil, @Mark B, @Aser, @Ahmed Farouk, @Julien Recan, and @Ali-M 

First of all let me thank each and everyone of you for showing up on time and helping me enjoy the mornings sunrise with a smile and some good cheer.

our drive took us starting off at the beautiful Nahil desert leaving Abu Dhabi and crossing into Dubai and ending up at the Solar park.

the terrain was a little tricky in places with soft dry sand on top and hard wet sand underneath. In some areas it was also hard on top turning almost to stone.

We only had two refusals and zero stucks the whole drive which is testament to how well you all drove. we did have a couple of pop outs that were dealt with effectively and efficiently by the support team of Mehmet and Mark.

Great second lead by @frederic demolder well done was a pleasure to have you behind me.

@Mark B brilliant sweep my friend keeping me informed all the way until we started to inflate

@Mehmet Volga fantastic support as always, a pleasure to have you in the convoy 

@Renier Venter hope you get everything sorted mate let me know if I can help with anything at all.

Wanted to add that the true meaning of car its came out on the drive, Car plus Community, you guys were patient, knowledgeable and worked so well together as a team it was incredible to be a part of that type of community spirit. Well done to you all 😀😀😀😀

enjoy the rest of your weekend and hope to see you all again very soon in the sand pit

IMG_0087.jpeg

IMG_0086.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 5

Thank you all for the great drive, it was nice weather , mixed soft and hard sand, which I choose to add more challenge by driving in 2WD 😀, it was amazing how to mange 80% of the drive with only momentum from rear wheels ! 
great experience, see u on sand !

• WOW (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use