•  

Morning Support Team and Above Desert Drive - Murquab - Dubai - 31 March 2024

DP1011

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Drive Plan : 

This drive is for Team Carnity : Open to Support, Advisors, Experts, Marshals, Senior Marshals and Crew. 

The plan is to have a quick 1.5-2 hours drive, and after that gather for about an hour in a good spot, to sit and chat - roundtable feedback/suggestions/ideas for betterment of club  . 

Excited and look forward to meet you and to have a successful drive - Thanks to  @Ale Vallecchi , our senior marshal for taking lead on this .

Level:  Support and above

When:  31st March 2024, Sunday

Meeting time:   8:00 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/PD4WwSpsvRRvzjcNA?g_st=ic

Approximate finish time:  10.30 AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears:  As per your Grade ;)

UNLIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1

• Carnity changed the title to Morning Support Team and Above Desert Drive - Murquab - Dubai - 31 March 2024
1 hour ago, Ranjan Das said:

Hi Guys, I came down with flu yesterday and need to dropout. Wish you all a wonderful drive. Catch you soon

Take Care Ranjan - Its in the air, I am almost recovered from it now...Speedy Recovery ! 

• Like (+1) 2

Dear Desertnauts

quick word about this drive, kindly organized by @DP1011. It wishes to be the kind of drive where we leave our thoughts behind, and simply relax and enjoy the nuances of Dubai's desert. As Abu Dhabi's side presents its more challenging features in the form of tall dunes, deep bowls and huge stretches of unspoiled desert, Dubai's side offer a subtler type of challenge, mostly in the form of complex technical areas, with dunes arranged in a haphazard order, which require patience and finesse. 

This drive will take us to that infamous area of technical dunes which became known, at first, at the track to "The Chimney", where most of us Leads have been tested and tried by @Gaurav during our Leaders Lead sessions. The goal is to bring back happy memories, and at the same time fully enjoy the intricacies of this location.

Bring also some refreshments, as anybody who wants to stay can hang around after the drive ends, likely at the 3 Trees area.

The convoy order at the moment will be the following:

@Islam Soliman in Second Lead

@Imran Asghar at #3

@Rob S at #4

@Srikumar at Center

@Benjamin at #6

@Cha at #7

@Senthil Kumar at #8 and 

@DP1011 in Sweep.

We can play with the order as we go along. 

We'll pick the radio channel at the meeting point, from which we plan to leave as close to 8:00 AM as possible.

See you all tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Morning guys 

Unfortunately need to duck out of this drive. 

The last ten days are tough and I will not be sufficiently rested dua to the night prayers. First one was last night and I just woke up! 

Enjoy and see you after Ramadan 

Imran 

• Sad (0) 1

Hi @Ale Vallecchi as much I wanted to join the drive and have some chat with you all, but after relooking at my schedule of the weekend, I had to withdraw my attendance yesterday afternoon. Hope soon in the future we will have another chance to catch up.

Charlie 

• Sad (0) 1

Important Information

Terms of use