•  
Advertise here

Lifetime legend

Barry

Popups are a pain in the ass. I always browse in private mode because some of my google searches might be erm..... questionable. I like to scroll through carnity sometimes without logging in and it bugs me. But hey, that’s the price to pay. 

I would like to make a suggestion. Some people should be awarded lifetime legend membership for their dedication and long term commitment to the forum, like @Gaurav @Rahimdad @Srikumar @treks @desertdude amongst others, sorry if I didn’t name someone, it’s just an example. People like this have already cut their corn and should be recognised for it. 

Personally, I’m happy with my membership level now. @Carnity knows the privileges I have, but not having access to private messages lately has been a blessing in disguise. 

• Like (+1) 3

Thanks @Barry but I'm no where as great a contributor as yourself. I have loads of respect for you and love reading your advises and posts over and over, but I can like it only once. I'd much rather like to keep a track of my contributions and work towards earning my status rather than having a lifetime status.

Hope I can some day be one tenth as helpful and knowledgeable as you @Barry.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

Thanks @Barry but I'm no where as great a contributor as yourself. I have loads of respect for you and love reading your advises and posts over and over, but I can like it only once. I'd much rather like to keep a track of my contributions and work towards earning my status rather than having a lifetime status.

Hope I can some day be one tenth as helpful and knowledgeable as you @Barry.

@Rahimdad you have already earned legendary status in my eyes. Your trip reports are right up there with some of the best reports I’ve ever read. I always love reading them, it feels like I am there in the moment.

I offer advice about repairing cars but you are the original carnity king of the desert. I’m not an off-road guy. I restore cars for a living. I’ve been out with you guys a few times and thank you to @DiamondDallas and @Srikumar for letting me drive your cars. Going off-road scares me. I am scared of rolling down a dune and wrecking a car. It can get expensive fast.

I am a short circuit track racer at heart. I love what you guys do and I appreciate your big balls and your fearlessness. You deserve recognition for your long term commitment. 

• Like (+1) 4

On 4/11/2019 at 11:20 PM, Barry said:

@Rahimdad you have already earned legendary status in my eyes. Your trip reports are right up there with some of the best reports I’ve ever read. I always love reading them, it feels like I am there in the moment.

I offer advice about repairing cars but you are the original carnity king of the desert. I’m not an off-road guy. I restore cars for a living. I’ve been out with you guys a few times and thank you to @DiamondDallas and @Srikumar for letting me drive your cars. Going off-road scares me. I am scared of rolling down a dune and wrecking a car. It can get expensive fast.

I am a short circuit track racer at heart. I love what you guys do and I appreciate your big balls and your fearlessness. You deserve recognition for your long term commitment. 

@Barry thank you for your kind words. This forum was always about cars, how to maintain them, trouble shooting and tips and tricks. Off roading is my passion and I wanted to bring it to Carnity. Really happy that you appreciate it so much. However technically I'm not as good, and off roading is only a very small part of this community.

Frankly I do not have the courage for track races or drifting, always been a distant admirer. I love the flavour you bring to the forum and love the fact that we share mural respect for each other's talents.

• Like (+1) 2