COVID19 Compliant - Intermediate Desert Drive - Area 53 (West) - Dubai - 24 Jul 2020

Emmanuel

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Two Way Radio Guidelines

• Every Offroader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate and above (No Newbies and Fewbies allowed)

When:  July 24 2020, Friday.

Meeting time: 5:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Al Badayer Roundabout https://goo.gl/maps/ZHKsQUdum7sxcvAq6

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 09:00 AM

End Point: Iftar Bowl exit 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • 1 Lead Marshal + 2 Senior Members + 9 Members.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 6

1 hour ago, Colin Jordan said:

Hi @Emmanuel

Will we be exiting near a gas station to fill up our tires? as i need to wait for payday to get a new compressor.

Thanks. 

Are you still paid in Rands @Colin Jordan :-)  If I make it, I can lend you a 1-cylinder compressor (I bought a bigger one). You can smoke 1.5 filter cigarettes per tyre. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8

2 hours ago, Colin Jordan said:

Hi @Emmanuel

Will we be exiting near a gas station to fill up our tires? as i need to wait for payday to get a new compressor.

Thanks. 

ADNOC Al Madam station is a few kms away from our exit point, don’t worry for that. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Colin Jordan said:

Hi @Emmanuel

Thanks. 

@Colin Jordan the exit should not be too far from Al Madam. There is a gas station just before Al Madam. Emmanuel can confirm, but shouldn't be more than 5-6 Km.

• Like (+1) 3

14 hours ago, Kalahari said:

Are you still paid in Rands @Colin Jordan :-)  If I make it, I can lend you a 1-cylinder compressor (I bought a bigger one). You can smoke 1.5 filter cigarettes per tyre. 

@Kalahari your measurements per tire are the best haha thanks for the offer, i see the gas station is near so will just go there.👍

13 hours ago, Emmanuel said:

ADNOC Al Madam station is a few kms away from our exit point, don’t worry for that. 

@Emmanuel awesome Thanks 

8 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

@Colin Jordan the exit should not be too far from Al Madam. There is a gas station just before Al Madam. Emmanuel can confirm, but shouldn't be more than 5-6 Km.

@Ale Vallecchi Thanks mate

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Emmanuel said:

@Kalahari

@Michael sammy

Please don’t forget to read the drive post and Covid precautions, and to click on “totally agree”. 

Thanks for the reminder @Emmanuel appreciated 

• Like (+1) 1

RSVP is now closed. 

See you everyone tomorrow at meeting point. Don’t miss the exit, as you might not be able to make a U-Turn before Al-Madam roundabout because of the works on E44 (I swear, it happened to me a few weeks back!)

Convoy numbering:

1. Emmanuel (White XTerra)
2. Kalahari (Red XTerra)
3. Najeeb Mohammed (Grey FJ)
4. Febin Frederic (Orange Wrangler)
5. Rinelle Sanaani (Black Wrangler)
6. Xaf (White Land Cruiser) 
7. TBone (Grey XTerra)
8. Colin Jordan (Red Wrangler)
9. Michael Sammy (White Pajero)
10. Brette (Black GC)

Radio Chanel
We will be using Carnity Channel #4 (446.081.25) so please turn on the radio when you arrive at the deflation point and we will do a radio check at that time and set up the convoy as per above numbering.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use