•  

Evening Intermediate Desert Drive - Little Sweihan - Dubai - 1 Aug 2020

Ale Vallecchi

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Two Way Radio Guidelines

• Every Off-roader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate and above

When: 1 Aug 2020, Saturday.

Meeting time: 4:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/Cr4anwtMW3M1UYgu5

Action Plan: Evening drive till about 08:00 PM 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Please also make sure you have all the equipment required on board as an Intermediate.

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. 

Approximate finish time: 08:00 PM

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • 1 Lead Marshal + 2 or 1 Senior Members + 8 Members.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Totally Agree (+2) 5

On 7/25/2020 at 9:53 PM, Ale Vallecchi said:

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Two Way Radio Guidelines

• Every Off-roader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate and above

When: 1 Aug 2020, Saturday.

Meeting time: 4:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/Cr4anwtMW3M1UYgu5

Action Plan: Evening drive till about 08:00 PM 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Please also make sure you have all the equipment required on board as an Intermediate.

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. 

Approximate finish time: 08:00 PM

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • 1 Lead Marshal + 2 or 1 Senior Members + 8 Members.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

sorry I had to exit this drive as another family priority came in between and I am not sure if can reach on time, so better I will leave this drive now. 

38 minutes ago, Najeeb Mohammed said:

sorry I had to exit this drive as another family priority came in between and I am not sure if can reach on time, so better I will leave this drive now. 

Dear @Najeeb Mohammed. You can decide to withdraw at any time. You can wait until you are sure, or just let me know if you can make it even last minute. Do not worry (the drive will remain open). Thanks a lot, and still hope to see you. 

• Like (+1) 2

Dear fellow desert wanderers @Rinelle Sanaani, @Tbone, @Chaitanya D, @Kalahari, @Febin Frederic. Just a few pills to build the expectation around this drive.

As some of you have already seen, the area known unofficially as Little Sweihan offers a very intriguing terrain. Well south of Solar Park, on the way toward the Abu Dhabi border, it owes its characteristics to the location between two rather large sabkhas. The wind sweeping these flat expanses of land, with very little and very low vegetation, makes fresh and soft sand accumulate in and around some more consolidated dunes. The formations here, therefore, are made of rather close cordons of long dunes, relatively high and sharp, with narrow "corridors" between each cordon, where, in the lowest places, the soft sand is deposited, before being blown away toward the next sabkha.

We will approach our playground with the help of a dirt road, running from the solar panels toward the south, as far as the Abu Dhabi border. Where Little Sweihan begins we'll detour, and enter the dunes, to ride its "canyons", practicing rather sharp side sloping, and occasional criss-crossings. We will try to drive all 3 of the area's roughly triangular sides, taking care to use the dune's layout to our advantage. The sudden ups and downs, and the presence of the soft sand pockets, will require good control of the cars' momentum and pace. We will then exit on any of the sabkhas running parallel to Little Swehian, to make our way back toward Solar Park.

Hoping to have wet your appetite, I look forward to seeing you on Saturday at 4:00PM. Have a great Eid.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear Desert goers,

Saturday's convoy will line up as follows:

@Tbone in Second Lead

@Febin Frederic #3

@Chaitanya D #4

@Rinelle Sanaani #5

@Kalahari #6

@Wrangeld in Sweep

Please make sure that you all carry with you a tow rope, possibly with soft shackles. Due to the relatively short length of the convoy (there will be no Senior at Center Forward), and since all the drivers are Intermediate, I would like to give everybody the opportunity, if needed, to practice recovering, under the supervision of Richard and/or myself. Therefore, each driver will be responsible to recover the vehicle either in front or behind his position, depending on the situation. Richard and I will advise whose recovery it will be (hoping that we practice this skill as little as possible ;-)).

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday at 4:00 PM SHARP (in order to approach our playground safely we'll have to drive quite a way on the sand track south).

Until then, enjoy your weekend.

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1

Super excited for my first intermediate drive, looks like a fantastic group there (TXWXWXW). See you all on Saturday 

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Hi @Ale Vallecchi, I unfortunately have a engine overheating issue which was manageable during the yesterday's drive and a bit worse on today's morning drive. I was eagerly looking forward for this drive, but I'm not very confident pushing my luck before getting it fixed. sorry that I have to stand out on this drive.

Have fun everyone. See you soon on the next drive. 

Edited by Tbone
  • Like (+1) 1

Thank you @Ale Vallecchi for a thrilling fast drive through the dunes in little sweihan.

Smallish group but everyone had fun, well driven by everyone at good pace. Drives in full sync with their cars potentials , all the challenges managed very well especially by @Kalahari. Always helpful @Febin Frederic and a nice self recovery by @Rinelle Sanaani 👍

@Emmanuel I hope your car is sorted soon, it was sad to see you go back after coming all the way to the starting point.

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use