COVID19 Compliant - Evening Fewbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 4 Sep 2020

Wrangeld

Hi Richard,

I'll make someone else from the wait-list happy, as unfortunately I have to sign out from the drive to attend the recovery training that will happen simultaneously. I was looking forward to driving with you but I'm sure there will be other opportunities in the near future!

Have fun!

• Like (+1) 1

@Mukundan Nair @Frederik Bisbjerg as our intermediates are attending an additional drive on Friday, 2 places have become free for this drive. I have added you to the attendees. Please let me know if you cannot attend. 

• Like (+1) 2

Good morning Pink Rockers,

Equipment for Fewbie Drives

A reminder to all drivers attending on Friday morning to make sure you have the required equipment for the drive. 

1. A real shovel - drive leads might bang on about this and it's for a reason. If you have to dig someone out using a small camping shovel, you will very soon understand why. Displacing sand is heard heavy work. Sand moves and refills just about any space from which you dig it out. 
  2. Stable flag - droopy flags, flags that fall off, flags that ... flag. This is basic safety equipment in the desert. It lets people know where you are, whether that is confirming you made it safely over a dune or to try to find you if you go off track. If there is an area which frustrates people, and results in the drive losing its flow, it is stopping for a fallen flag. 
  3. Tow points - be honest, when was the last time you actually checked your tow points? Yes, they are probably still attached to the vehicle, but are you sure they are in good condition? Due to COVID and wanting to avoid breaking the 2m rule, the number of tugged recoveries has increased exponentially. If it's your tow point that causes damage or worse, injury you will be asking yourself why you did not check earlier. 

This is a compressor drive - as are most these days: And do, please make sure you have masks, sanitizer and gloves. 

The drive will close tomorrow morning and the convoy positions advertised. 

Have a good day. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 minute ago, Tero Vallas said:

Hello @Wrangeld, unfortunately I have to cancel my participation. Please give this place to next in waiting...

Enjoy the ride !

Noted. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use