COVID 19 Compliant - Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Suwaydan to Faya - Sharjah - 13 Nov 2020

Vanessa8580

@Vanessa8580, @Desert Dweller, @DANIEL NOGUEIRA and the whole team,  thanks a lot for the wonderful drive! I loved the technical dunes in the first half of the drive and challenges which we had to overcome!

Faya was beautiful! Thanks for a very wise decision to not to go on top, safety is Carnity and my own priority all the time!

@Probir Mukherjee, @Yasas Dharmadasa, @Athula Dharmadada, @Tamas Hoffmann,

I took a few photos, a little bit more you can find in the gallery

Thanks!

DSC_1041.jpg

DSC_1042.jpg

DSC_1050.jpg

DSC_1054.jpg

DSC_1058.jpg

DSC_1098.jpg

DSC_1101.jpg

DSC_1102.jpg

Edited by Mikhail Lukichev
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Drive report 

After a few weeks leading drives in Qudra area, I chose to challenge myself and try to do a lead in a totally different terrain. The first half of the drive was through some technical and quite bushy dunes. It's always easier to do slide sloping but at one point, everyone that reaches Fewbie level needs to learn how to tackle technical dunes. I, for example, love driving in technical dunes even though I am driving a LWB Pajero. It's a good way to learn how to control your car and it's something different than doing endless side sloping ...

I had a few LWB cars in the convoy such as @Tamas Hoffmann, @Sinol, @Probir Mukherjee, @DANIEL NOGUEIRA, @Athula Dharmadada and @Mikhail Lukichev but they all managed very well in this area. We only had a minimum of refusals and they were all self recoveries. I only got a little stuck on the last dune before the sabkha but with the help of @DANIEL NOGUEIRA, @David Ortells and @Desert Dweller I got out very fast.

We then drove a good 20 minutes on the dirt track and crossed the round about to get to Faya. Because it was extremely busy on Faya and there were police cars everywhere I decided not to try to get to the top but we went to play in the bowls on the left side of Faya. That's where everyone needed to push their cars and keep their momentum to go from one dune to another. Also there, we had a very few refusals, only @Yasas Dharmadasa showed us a very nice yoga pose with his car where the back of the car hung in the air but he was able to do a brilliant self recovery, very well done to Yasas !

Once it got a bit dark, the locals came to life and it got a bit dangerous in the desert. We decided to exit safely and got to the road to inflate our tires.

A big thank you to @Tamas Hoffmann to be my second lead, @DANIEL NOGUEIRA to be CF and @Desert Dweller to be my trusty support and sweep. I was really glad to have you by my side again !

See you all very soon in the desert again ....

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

We got scared when we saw my brother's jeep hanging on the top of a sand dune.
Now watching the video makes me laugh.

@Vanessa8580 @DANIEL NOGUEIRA @Desert Dweller @Foxtrot Oscar

Thank you for the well organized and eventful drive.

Photos uploaded to the gallery.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Athula Dharmadada said:

Seeing @Foxtrot Oscar jumping away. PRICELESS !

• Haha (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

11 hours ago, Athula Dharmadada said:

Your brother did great by keeping calm and responding to the instructions with precision! Following the instructions, he showed everyone an amazing self-recovery from a tricky refusal. I am sure he learned a few tricks now 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use