COVID19 compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert drive - Murquab - Dubai - 12 Feb 2021

Foxtrot Oscar

Just now, Foxtrot Oscar said:

Yes sure , Juno in 

see you at Murquab at 8 then. 

• Like (+1) 2

Due to the intense fog, Angela (Trip lead) is running a bit late and is doing her best to make it to the meeting point on time while driving safely. In case of any emergency you can put a message on the drive topic. Drive safe.

• Like (+1) 2

Foggity Drive Report

Well that was an altogether different type of challenge.

I asked the convoy if they would rather wait or meander through the fog. The response was a resounding yes. Visibility was around 100m and we could all safely see the car in front. We set out at around 8:30 as the sun tried its best to burn the blanket of fog that enshrouded us.

Tentatively we headed out, fog lights on! We followed the track for a little while and then broke into the gentle dunes. As we pottered around cautiously allowing our eyes to adjust @rajeshkumar rathod found his tyre had deflated. A quick stop to inflate and we were back to meandering through small dunes. This was exhalating enough for me, with no lights to follow and the fog playing tricks with the dunes, the number 1 priority was to safely have fun.

As the sun began to win the battle with the fog, so too did the challenge level, we entered an area where we could do some side sloping, everyone handled this challenge well and all followed the protocol of steering down when the car and sand told them to do so. At this point @Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader 's Pajero decided to have a pop out. We spent some time fixing that, and by the time we were done the sun claimed victory and we were free to explore uninhibited  by poor visibility.

We climbed some great dunes, with @Nathan Evans ' Jimmy showing us all that power to weight ratio really does matter. @Baskaran P.R and @Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader squeezed the power out of their LWB Pajeros too and @Melenany was not to be outdone and showed what his F150 could do.

As we passed into Solar Park we managed to get on top of some ridges, I have to say I was surprised by how well you all coped, Kudos to @Michael Glavanis on his first Fewbie drive and handled everything. Well done also to @rajeshkumar rathod who had a fine drive and also found himself stuck mid crest. You did great to follow instructions and self recover from that position. @Junaid120120 and @Thomas Varghese both had another excellent drive and continue to hone their off-road skills.

Many thanks to @Archibald Jurdi for being my second lead and rerouting when necessary, it was great to have you behind me. Also thanks to @Melenany who did a fantastic job as sweep, keeping me up to date with all that was going on and also helping with refusals when needed.

Here’s hoping the sun remains the victor for our next adventure, 😊

IMG_8423 (1).JPG

IMG_8428.JPG

• Thanks (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use