•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 12 Mar 2021

Wrangeld

@Wrangeld, @Nivin great support and advice, great learning with my popout, refusal, struck and recoveries, really challenging and love to do more and learn more , thanks to the entire convoy.

• Like (+1) 2

I hope it was a beautiful post Birthday drive for Richard “Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old” and thats what @Wrangeld thought us today!! Belated Birthday Wishes Richard & thank you for an a awesome  lead and giving is opportunities to learn! 

We covered all the way from Lisali to Qudra which was almost 50 km on sand which is really wonderful for a newbie drive. Everyone did well! Few refusals, a pop out & and a stuck without which we cannot conclude a fullon exercise!

@Wrangeld gave us more clarity on how to do the stuff right. We had to exit @jeetu sharma sharma for heating issues with the pajero and I hope you are good, ready for next adventure! 

The first half of the convoy was struggling a bit initially and the rest was driving Fewbie Plus on a Newbie drive!

@Shehab Alawadhi it was good to see your drifting skills behind 😉

@Melenany Thank you for being an awesome sweep and keeping us posted with the updates! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

45 minutes ago, Nivin said:

I hope it was a beautiful post Birthday drive for Richard “Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old” and thats what @Wrangeld thought us today!! Belated Birthday Wishes Richard & thank you for an a awesome  lead and giving is opportunities to learn! 

We covered all the way from Lisali to Qudra which was almost 50 km on sand which is really wonderful for a newbie drive. Everyone did well! Few refusals, a pop out & and a stuck without which we cannot conclude a fullon exercise!

@Wrangeld gave us more clarity on how to do the stuff right. We had to exit @jeetu sharma sharma for heating issues with the pajero and I hope you are good, ready for next adventure! 

The first half of the convoy was struggling a bit initially and the rest was driving Fewbie Plus on a Newbie drive!

@Shehab Alawadhi it was good to see your drifting skills behind 😉

@Melenany Thank you for being an awesome sweep and keeping us posted with the updates! 

Belated birthday wishes @Wrangeld, such a great dedication lesson to be learnt

• Like (+1) 3

TRIP REPORT - The Leader's Perspective

I have a history with Lisali. It was the scene of one of my earliest leads and is why I am so fond of making sure that all drivers have access technical dunes. It was, therefore, unusual for me to completely avoid the tecnical dunes and go straight for the incredible long and wide dunes Lisali has to offer - and in truth, the reason that fighting our way through the technical dunes is worthwile.

One of the reasons for taking a group of newbies into these dunes is because it's the wort of landscape that is addictive and is where a driver will develop a passion for off roading because we start to see the potential of what driving in the sand offers. 

Everyone was on time and we used the drive up the track to brief what I had felt when planning was a Jeep heavy group - but it certainly did not feel this way once we were on the go. 

The long and short of it yesterday was  - WOW! Incredible. A 50km drive with only one stuck (which should have been self recovered) one pop out and a series of recoverable refusals to make the drive a real success. 

Here's some specific feedback, that may or may not help. 

@Alain Canivet-Abikhalil - 2nd lead is a responsible position because you need to be able to react quickly to anything happening ahead. You did a great job following (again) and drove a faultless drive. From now we need to move you around the convoy so that you experience some of the challenges of driving through churned up sand. 

@Lakshmi Narasimhan - 2nd time out in the sand and you are learning all the time. Please pay a little better attention to the instuctions that the seniors are giving you. You'll find that you get out of trouble quicker and learn more when you do. The pop out came because you were fighting gravity. 

@jeetu sharma - a shame that the car started to overheat and I am sure that knowing it was happening impacted your enjoyment. A good job otherwise, handling the Pajero and I am still disappointed we could not drive you out of the stuck. We were so, so close. Sorry we had to let you out early to address the overheating. 

@WaYan - I love the attitude and the way you throw the car into the challenges. It's great to see you reattempt when ever there is a refusal and the fact you are trying to learn with ever move you make. Stay closer to the car in front and you'll find that some of the challenges melt away because you'll have beter visibility about what the car in front did. 

@TT_Dubai - Tim, great drive. We love it when we see manual cars out in the desert as it adds to the challenge in a new way. You did really well throughout. 

@I.M.Shousha إسلام أبوشوشة - a great and well managed drive. Getting stuck in your car in a newbie drive is a bit of a challenge because it is so well set up, but you are handling the car fantastically well and will be doing better and better each drive. 

@Ahmed Wagdy - a great drive from you as well. Hope the family enjoyed it as much as it looked like you did. 

@amir amiri - love the vehicle, it's a beauty and you drive it so well. There's not a lot I can add because your drive was immaculate and I loved seeing that green beast floating through the sand. 

@Shehab Alawadhi - I guess it was a nice relaxing jaunt into the desert for you and your beast never made it beyond 1st gear! Today was all about long range dunes and the chance for you from time to time to have a bit of fun.

@Melenany - really fantastic job as sweep Moustafa. Extremely well managed at the back. 

@Nivin - amazing work at CF. Really enjoyed sorting out all the small problems we had with you and watcing how your understanding of the refusals grows with each new problem. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 7

Really nice to see everyone for the Lisali drive yesterday. Thanks to @Wrangeld and the leads for keeping us all together and explaining the steps for the self recoveries and assisted recoveries in good detail.

Until the next drive! 😀

• Like (+1) 4

@Wrangeld i enjoyed every minute and the challenges and your inputs helped me to drive better today. Long way for me to learn but for sure drive after drive I see myself improving and knowing my car better and I enjoyed with the entire convoy throughly and looking forward for driving in Lisali again with you.

• Like (+1) 3

@Wrangeld yea it was drive was very relaxing I got time to have some of my own fun in the back 🤣 and also made friends with more pickup drivers! @Melenany @amir amiri

Great job to all the Newbies! 

@Nivin I had to keep up with Richards drifting skills, to show not only small cars can drift in the sand 😂

Happy Belated Birthday Richard!!!!

Edited by Shehab Alawadhi
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Dear @Wrangeld it was such an amazing drive smooth, nice and worthy for the knowledge, thanks @Nivin great to drive again once more.

Thanks all  the drive GPs extract is below and more photos and videos will be in the gallery 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

@Wrangeld & @Nivin: Many thanks for the amazing drive. I really enjoyed it. ;)  I just wished I could have managed with the recovery...anyways we can summarize it as a great learning opportunity.

Special thanks to all the members of the convoy for exhibiting such great team spirit and patience during the full duration.

Just to let you guys know my car did not overheat again - will surely investigate this issue further and share on the relevant forum.

Thanks and see you guys next time !! & Belated Happy Birthday Richard🎂

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use