•  

COVID19 Compliant - Wednesday Morning Short Fewbie Desert Drive - Nothing better than slidesloping in Al Qudra to start your day - Dubai - 28 Apr 2021

It was well worth the trip coming from Abu Dhabi! 😊 Thank you @Luca Palanca Falsini for leading this trip and @Dodi Syahdar for 2nd lead. This is my 1st Fewbie after promotion and man I saw & learned soo many things today:

- witnessed 2 pop-outs 😲 and how to fix them.

- a car got stuck on the crest, one of the hardest recovery I think, but good learning how to get unstuck.

- a beasty car in front of me spun on the ridge, and my rollover horror flashed back. Lucky for him, he managed to reverse slowly downhill 👍🏻

- if you can't make it to the top, don't force it... some of the ridge riding i steered downwards cos felt the car wouldn't make it to the top. 

Looking forward to more Fewbie drives, time to invest on that skid plate to flatten the ridge 😁

• Like (+1) 6

Thanks from me too @Luca Palanca Falsini this is my 2nd drive with you - my 1st fewbie & this 5th fewbie ones. I really appreciate that you push us to do new things with an eye out for safety & learning of course - crests, pop-outs all valuable learnings on how they happen & how to fix!

Thanks too to @Gaurav Soni for loaning me a flag 2nd time it fell,  @Shaaz Sha & @Dodi Syahdar for their guiding roles in the drive. Wonderful to meet/ride with everyone else. See you next time!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Zed said:

It was well worth the trip coming from Abu Dhabi! 😊 Thank you @Luca Palanca Falsini for leading this trip and @Dodi Syahdar for 2nd lead. This is my 1st Fewbie after promotion and man I saw & learned soo many things today:

- witnessed 2 pop-outs 😲 and how to fix them.

- a car got stuck on the crest, one of the hardest recovery I think, but good learning how to get unstuck.

- a beasty car in front of me spun on the ridge, and my rollover horror flashed back. Lucky for him, he managed to reverse slowly downhill 👍🏻

- if you can't make it to the top, don't force it... some of the ridge riding i steered downwards cos felt the car wouldn't make it to the top. 

Looking forward to more Fewbie drives, time to invest on that skid plate to flatten the ridge 😁

Hi @Zed I am happy to see that you learned the most important thing, If you feel that the car is not making it, simply skip!

You'll learn, and you will have a lot of drives so if is not today, it will be tomorrow for sure don't worry about that.

Hope to see you soon and see how are you getting better each new drive!

58 minutes ago, soumyasaklani said:

Thanks from me too @Luca Palanca Falsini this is my 2nd drive with you - my 1st fewbie & this 5th fewbie ones. I really appreciate that you push us to do new things with an eye out for safety & learning of course - crests, pop-outs all valuable learnings on how they happen & how to fix!

Thanks too to @Gaurav Soni for loaning me a flag 2nd time it fell,  @Shaaz Sha & @Dodi Syahdar for their guiding roles in the drive. Wonderful to meet/ride with everyone else. See you next time!

Pop outs and stuck are an important part of the game. It's not a waste of time is a moment to learn  how to manage such situations happy to see that you learned that already.

See you soon on the sand again!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

20 hours ago, Shaaz Sha said:

Hello guys, hope everyone had a wonderful drive today. Thanks to @Luca Palanca Falsini for tacking up the task from @Lorenzo Candelpergher and for the selection of the area and terrain. We had  very small patches of technical areas where everyone did well and the ridge riding and side slopings were the most relevant part of the drive. Though we had a few refusals and pop outs, everyone (including me 😊 I believe) did really well. Thank you @Dodi Syahdar for your deciplined second lead and you did great managing the beast in the convoy. Thank you @Zed for your support at the time of pop out and was nice to be with you😊. @Alain Canivet-Abikhalilyou were a little low on gas a couple of times, but amazing on the ridge riding part. Well done bro. @Rawad Bahsasyou were having a great time with your Y62, and haven't heard you on radio about any issues, did well @Gaurav Soni,did great as CF today and who am I to comment on you bro 😀👍 As usual did great. Thank you for all your support. @Batuhan Kulac, the G wagon guy, it was nice to see you charging at the slopes and did really good with such a heavy car. Good work bro👍. @Soumya Saklani had some issues with suction cup of the flag initially I hope it's ok now. You did great with your prado . Well done 👍. And finally , my lead 😊 @Lakshmi Narasimhanman you did cool and it was unfortunate to get a pop out at the slop. You managed it really well. 👏👏. Thank you guys and see you soon in the sand. 🙏

IMG_20210428_054854~2.jpg

IMG_20210428_054914~2.jpg

IMG_20210428_061912~2.jpg

IMG_20210428_061917~2.jpg

IMG_20210428_062138~2.jpg

IMG_20210428_081718~2.jpg

thank you @Shaaz Sha for the report and for sharing your pictures!

Hope to see you soon again!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thank you  @Luca Palanca Falsini@Shaaz Sha@Gaurav Soni for your lead, all of us really enjoy both challenging technical and long dune. Thank you also for @Luca Palanca Falsini let me to have   the first experience as second lead and have some responsibility to the convoy.. 

@Zed@Alain Canivet-Abikhalil@Rawad Bahsas@Batuhan Kulac@Soumya Saklani@Lakshmi Narasimhan  At the beginning I’m worry that I will left soft ground behind my track  and try my best to control the throttle but with your great skills and expertice, the convoy run very smooth despite of some difficulties we were facing. Look forward to have another great trip with all of you in the near future. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use