•  

COVID19 Compliant - Saturday Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Mystery Drive - Sharjah?/Dubai? - 29 May 2021

Dear Desertnauts,

without further ado, let's unveil the drive's meeting and deflation point: it will be at

https://maps.app.goo.gl/V1SQwxnUEXJLGh4X6

just passed the mosque located near one of the Lisaili exits off E66 and the camel drome.

The drive will retain an element of mystery, once entered the Lisaili plateau, as we may direct ourselves east toward Margham, keeping the sun at our back, or west toward Solar Park and beyond, following the sun's path.

With the shorter convoy, we'll try to push the drive up one notch: we'll drive with the following revised order:

@Thomas Varghese  in SL

@Marky B will be #3

@Shaaz Sha at #4

@Sunil Mathew will be #5

@MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ in #6, and 

@Jeepie will close the convoy

No hurry to reach the meeting point before the established time. Arriving at 3:00 PM (not earlier) will be more than enough. We'll deflate at the meeting point, with the intent of driving down the pylon track for a while, and enter Lisaili's dunes around 3:30 PM. Without running unnecessary risks, I think that a desert drive must feel somewhat hot and dusty, so I don't mind getting ready to move around 3:30PM, considering also that temperatures will start to slowly drop toward the mid-afternoon.

The Carnity channel that has been selected for this drive is Channel 4 (446.031)

See you tomorrow afternoon, well rested and ready to go. Have a nice Friday evening.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

My guess was too far away from the answer 🤣🤣🤣

BTW I have got my car back late last night and have it tested today morning, Would love to rejoin but I guess the window's closed and the the drive has been promoted to fewbie drive.

Enjoy the final drive before Sunday gents.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Zixuan Huang said:

My guess was too far away from the answer 🤣🤣🤣

BTW I have got my car back late last night and have it tested today morning, Would love to rejoin but I guess the window's closed and the the drive has been promoted to fewbie drive.

Enjoy the final drive before Sunday gents.

Hi @Zixuan Huang. You can rejoin if you want. No problem. Just let me know here. Thanks

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

It was a very pleasant drive on the dazzling Saturday afternoon, I believe this is the longest distance I have achieved so far in a Newbie drive.

And a very valuable learning session, that every less experienced driver got to follow one of the senior drivers. Thank you so much for the support and assistance during the drive! @Thomas Varghese @Shaaz Sha @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ @Jeepie

Excellent selection of the route and terrain by @Ale Vallecchi, the drive was challenging and helped me a lot on syncing with my car.  Prof. Ale is one of the most informative Marshals that I have driven with by far, couldn't find a better ridge riding 101 professor than Prof. Ale!

The pleasance did last long but not long enough, a hose on the radiator came off as we existing. With the help of @Sunil Mathew and Shaaz, we managed to reconnect the hose and had Xterra expert Thomas checking the connection, I reached home with no surprises at all. Thank you all for the assistance and help!

@Marky B you did well taking the 3rd position, keep it up.

Good to meet all of you, and see you soon on the sands~

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Great drive we had yesterday, the longest i had in my off-road life with Carnity!! - 74 Km , if i have my stats right

Thanks to @Ale Vallecchiand all the other senior drivers and support team @Thomas Varghese, @Shaaz Sha, @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ and @Jeepie.

We had a short but strong convoy with minimum refusals and stucks, which meant we were continuously driving and learning. This is also by far the ride with maximum ridge riding for me, and the key take aways from the drive were techniques to get on the ridge safely, broad ridge riding and safe exit from the ridge, speed control on the ridge etc. Not  that i have mastered it, but feeling confident of the foundation laid, on which i can build on.

Got an opportunity to help Charlie @Zixuan Huang with his radiator hose issue, although most of the job was done by @Shaaz Sha, and hope Charlie has sorted it out and looking forward to seeing you on the weekend drives. And congrats Charlie for your fewbie promotion.

Got a chance at "sweep" duty , as @Jeepie had to exit early . I was driving in front of you Marjan, and not sure if i was doing OK, or i was churning up the sand for you :-)

Good to drive with @Marky B as well, and hope we get opportunities to have a chat and get to know each other soon.

Looking forward and coming back for more!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

This drive had a relatively small convoy, which was an advantage for those of us at the back as we didn’t have to face a lot of churned up sand 😂. Despite being a Newbie drive, the pace was much more of that of a Fewbie Level drive, of which we were informed of before hand by @Ale Vallecchi

It was amazing to see how, even a fast paced drive, was rather relaxing and calming, allowing us to thoroughly enjoy the drive without much of an adrenaline rush. Everyone drove extremely well due to which we barely had any stucks or refusals, just a couple of reattempts at the Ridge and nothing serious. We all exited to tarmac, still full of energy and smiling faces, for which I thank @Ale Vallecchi for being an Amazing lead and @Jeepie @Shaaz Sha for assistance with the recoveries.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use