•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Little Liwa - Abu Dhabi - 1 Oct 2021

Srikumar

2 hours ago, Srikumar said:

@varunmehndiratta @Rawad @Humayun Ghias @JeromeFJ @Chinthaka Ruwan @Ilya @Russ

The meeting point has been moved back a few meters because I just realised, in the past Google Maps plays a bit of mischief and leads you through the desert to the original meeting point.

I have updated the original post as well as the calendar event

Revised Meeting Point
https://maps.app.goo.gl/evW9jWqpsYZn5ezL6

At the meeting point you will see a gate in front. The password is Abracadabra.

Say it for the gate to open, come a bit forward and park the car on the right side.

See you in the morning.

Oh now I know it ..last time was trying 'Razzmatazz' that's why it didn't open...

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Srikumar said:

Revised Meeting Point
https://maps.app.goo.gl/evW9jWqpsYZn5ezL6

At the meeting point you will see a gate in front. The password is Abracadabra.

Say it for the gate to open, come a bit forward and park the car on the right side.

Damn, why you keep changing the password....?

Some naive people were thinking it's a metal detector, so closer you go, faster it will open.

• Haha (+1) 6

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Just WOW... this is a whole new level indeed

Thank you so much @Srikumarfor the amazing experience 

I haven't been tucked nor shoveled for in a really long time. Good to be back 🤣🤣 and special thanks to @varunmehndiratta for the tuck, and to @Srikumar@JeromeFJ@Chinthaka Ruwanfor the shovling. Am in ur debt fellas 👍👍

@Humayun Ghias I guess its time for us to change our boots ha mate!!

@Russand @Ilyaawesome drive 🤙🤙

Added few pictures in the gallery. Haven't had much time to take more 😅

See you all soon 🤙🤙

Edited by Rawad
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

The Trip to Little Liwa

Now, that's what I call a complete drive where we had fast paced action, monstrous dunes to climb, fantastic set of drivers, a bit of shoveling and tugging (not too much) and the final icing, broad smiles from all drivers at the end of the drive.

Everyone made it well ahead of time. We were greeted to a beautiful sunrise with a hint of fog. As the visibility was still quite good we enter into the massive dunes across the entry point. Sweihan's beauty was in it's full glory with razor sharp ridges, broad spaced out dunes and huge bowls that begged to be driven at 70+ km/h.

However the deeper we went inside the thicker became the fog, so we decided to take a break till the fog lifted. After that break, we pushed the pace to our hearts content. We had plenty of crisscrossing, ridge riding, bowls and also a small patch of technical dunes.

And as a final climax to what was already a wonderful drive, the entire convoy rode the bowls beautifully at the backside of Old Lady Dune, gained enough momentum and crisscrossed at the top of Old Lady Dune, from the back to the front. Great job!!

Excellent driving by all the drive participants @varunmehndiratta@Rawad @Humayun Ghias @JeromeFJ @Chinthaka Ruwan @Ilya and @Russ. For some, it was their first IM and they managed everything that was thrown at them very well.

I hope you guys enjoyed and that it was worth driving the extra distance to reach the AD dunes. As mentioned with the borders opening up and the weather slowly changing for the better, AD is the new frontier to venture. And now that you guys know the secret password, I hope to see you guys more often in AD 😂

Till we meet again on the sand of Abu Dhabi, take care.

20211001_064848.jpg

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

And the magical door opened to a world of mystical bowls and majestic dunes with fog as it's shroud and mines of soft sand spread all across the devil's world ... the world of SWEIHAN. 

The Rajni Da @Srikumar divulged the secret mission to the team..the lady must be rescued and mission must be completed by 10am, timing is critical few moments lost and scorching sun will overpower all our ammunition....

Rajni @Srikumar led from front killing all that devil threw in at convoy, @Russ Mr Hobbs riding on his tank at the end of convoy ensured that defence was never breached...

Devil did all it could to delay our movement - showered fog leading to poor visibility, used fast sinking sand to create some refusals and it's stealth attack on @Humayun Ghias. Mr Shaw caused a pop out and just when @Rawad Dominik Toreto was looking invincible, he was crested on a mischievous dune...

Despite all challanges the disciplined convoy didn't give up and in the maze of Yahar found the secret location of the lady. Path to lady was dangerous, convoy swirled through the mysterious bowls and demonstrated awesome control to smash all that came in its way. Finally 10 min before 10am Rajni Da @Srikumar blowed the victory horn as we rescued the Lady dune and before the sun could come to the rescue of devil we were out of desert, celebrating the freedom of the Lady...👍👍😃😃

Thanks @Srikumar for all the fun.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

While driving to AD today, there was an air of excitement since it was a new area for me. I could see silhouettes of dunes in the far distance that amazed me as I parked my vehicle at the meeting point. After the briefing and moving towards our 4x4s I saw @JeromeFJand @Rawadhaving a quick chat, I asked Jerome the same question, how different is this place? He replied, you will learn to drive in the desert all over again.

That basically sums up the drive today, it was a complete new experience for which I thank @Srikumar

Happy to have played a part in christening @Russ''s Jack. May the "Patrol" come to the rescue of many Patrols and their pop outs.

Thank you for second lead @varunmehndiratta. It was great to see @Chinthaka Ruwanand @Ilyaas well!

See you all soon! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, varunmehndiratta said:

And the magical door opened to a world of mystical bowls and majestic dunes with fog as it's shroud and mines of soft sand spread all across the devil's world ... the world of SWEIHAN. 

The Rajni Da @Srikumar divulged the secret mission to the team..the lady must be rescued and mission must be completed by 10am, timing is critical few moments lost and scorching sun will overpower all our ammunition....

Rajni @Srikumar led from front killing all that devil threw in at convoy, @Russ Mr Hobbs riding on his tank at the end of convoy ensured that defence was never breached...

Devil did all it could to delay our movement - showered fog leading to poor visibility, used fast sinking sand to create some refusals and it's stealth attack on @Humayun Ghias. Mr Shaw caused a pop out and just when @Rawad Dominik Toreto was looking invincible, he was crested on a mischievous dune...

Despite all challanges the disciplined convoy didn't give up and in the maze of Yahar found the secret location of the lady. Path to lady was dangerous, convoy swirled through the mysterious bowls and demonstrated awesome control to smash all that came in its way. Finally 10 min before 10am Rajni Da @Srikumar blowed the victory horn as we rescued the Lady dune and before the sun could come to the rescue of devil we were out of desert, celebrating the freedom of the Lady...👍👍😃😃

Thanks @Srikumar for all the fun.

So now I know your real profession. Script writer for Tollywood /Kollywood films!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Many thanks @Srikumar for leading today’s drive and to repeat what I said on the radio at the end, that drive made the very early morning so worthwhile and I cannot wait to return to the area! 

The sheer scale of the area, and of course the dunes, were like nothing I’ve experienced before - fantastic!

Great to meet old and new faces and hope to see you all soon 🌵

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use