Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Discovering Al Fayah - Abu Dhabi - 5 Nov 2021

On 11/1/2021 at 10:45 AM, JeromeFJ said:

@Lorenzo CandelpergherCandelCandelpergherCanCandelpell

Hi @Lorenzo Candelpergher, I got added to @Wrangeld's friday drive. If your drive is on Saturday I am in. If its on Friday I will leave. 

On 11/3/2021 at 12:20 AM, munkybizness said:

@Lorenzo Candelpergher, please add me to the waitlist, as second drive.

Apologies @Lorenzo Candelpergher, with Diwali festivities today, I needed to be at a drive closer to home so I’ve switched to Chaitanya’s in Area 53. Was really looking forward to your ‘blitz’. The convoy is in for a treat! Will join a drive with you soon!

Dear Desert Wanderers and Adventurers, 

As you probably saw we had to make some changes in the leads this weekend. I will be discovering AL Fayah with you instead of @Lorenzo Candelpergher

Please find below the proposed convoy numbering

image.png.ec857c284c299a7a513ff5d9fe883517.png

I plan on using Carnity radio channel 3. Please make sure your radios are tuned. 

The drive does not end near a gas station so please make sure you have your compressor on board. It's around a 10km drive to the nearest ADNOC. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 2

Post Drive Report

I will admit to have been approaching today's drive with a little trepidation. In common with all Marshals and leads, I like to plan my drives so that I have an idea of where we are going, what to expect and I like to understand if there is some special element I can add to the drive to make it especially engaging. 

Stepping in for another Marshal is a responsibility to not only match the expectations of the drivers that chose that drive/marshal combination but also to drive confidently when the terrain is not well known. 

My fears and concerns all melted away as soon as I saw the beautiful landscapes before me. Yes, it was soft (very soft) in places but the swooping dunes and bowls and ridges with amazing slip faces waiting for our descent  more than compensated. 

Add to that incredible support from @JeromeFJ, @Niki and @Dodi Syahdar we had a great morning. Three absolute newbies, got into the sort of trouble we would expect from them. @Ali Shah @eric abordo and @Imran Kashif you did well. You might have felt that you were the only people getting delayed - well, what do you expect. Two hours before, you'd never been out in the sand. 

Our other drivers - @Gertjan thanks for helping with the rope work, @Mohseen Suliman was great to see you again. Niki saw to all your recoveries, @Adnan Halepota I think your drive was pretty flawless

Looking forward to seeing you all in the sand soon

• Like (+1) 7

@Wrangeld Thankyou for taking on this drive on such short notice as it would have been a loss for us all to have missed this wonderful morning!  @Lorenzo Candelpergher thank you for having this track booked and I cannot wait to join you leading here (yet another reason to visit AD)! 

Super support from @JeromeFJ @Dodi Syahdar.  An ideal welcome to the club for @Ali Shah  @Imran Kashif @eric abordo who all did great (communication, discipline, patience and trust) 

@Adnan Halepota @Gertjan @Mohseen Suliman made light work at the back and appreciate your willingness to support throughout!  

Final thanks (again) to @Wrangeld especially for the moment we got to all step out and learn together.  I’ve captured Dodi in prayer (or ready to fall on his sword) as Gertjan got to use the swb Prado in place of his Raptor! 

97C96D5E-F5CA-496D-A0D4-AB3EC17B9D14.jpeg.9c1e4672835dfe7f64928959041f439e.jpeg

• Well Done (+2) 2

30 minutes ago, Niki said:

@Wrangeld Thankyou for taking on this drive on such short notice as it would have been a loss for us all to have missed this wonderful morning!  @Lorenzo Candelpergher thank you for having this track booked and I cannot wait to join you leading here (yet another reason to visit AD)! 

Super support from @JeromeFJ @Dodi Syahdar.  An ideal welcome to the club for @Ali Shah  @Imran Kashif @eric abordo who all did great (communication, discipline, patience and trust) 

@Adnan Halepota @Gertjan @Mohseen Suliman made light work at the back and appreciate your willingness to support throughout!  

Final thanks (again) to @Wrangeld especially for the moment we got to all step out and learn together.  I’ve captured Dodi in prayer (or ready to fall on his sword) as Gertjan got to use the swb Prado in place of his Raptor! 

97C96D5E-F5CA-496D-A0D4-AB3EC17B9D14.jpeg.9c1e4672835dfe7f64928959041f439e.jpeg

Hahaha - That's a brilliant line @Nikifantastic photo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Huge thanks to @Wrangeldfor leading a fantastic team comprised of @JeromeFJ, @Niki and @Dodi Syahdar.  Today was informative, fun, and safe.  Can't wait to do it again with you all.  

Edited by Ali Shah
typo
  • Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use