•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Mahafiz to Faya - Sharjah - 12 Nov 2021

Mehmet Volga

3 minutes ago, Daniel Rodas said:

This is the issue with the Ram, not so many accessories available here and all quite expensive to repair, especially 2019 onwards. I then decided to go for an older Pajero and keep it as an offroad car only.

You may miss your Ram on Faya 😉

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mehmet Volga said:

You may miss your Ram on Faya 😉

Big time, it's an easy climb with a V8. Actually I choose this drive intentionally as I need to learn the Faya climb with the Pajero. Will follow your lead.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Mehmet Volga said:

No worries, we will take you to the top somehow. Doesn't have to be fair :D

I better learn to do this climb with little effort. Who knows, we may end up in the same team next week. Please get me some tips and tricks.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Daniel Rodas said:

I better learn to do this climb with little effort. Who knows, we may end up in the same team next week. Please get me some tips and tricks.

Sure @Daniel Rodas. i am driving a pajero 3.5 LWB, one of the weakest cars offroading in the UAE so I had to collect many tips and tricks about climbs - will share them all tomorrow.

But I agree with @Paul Zeitoun that Faya is not a comfortable dune to climb as it is full of cross tracks and big bumps. It is more suitable for heavy cars since they can reach to more momentum with less speed. I also wouldn't prefer to attempt through those parts but can check for some alternative tracks ;)

Skill development drives for long hill climbs can be arranged in the upcoming weeks in better terrains. You can follow those to test your skills on more comfortable dunes and without damaging your car

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hello @Mehmet Volga I am sorry to remove myself late in the afternoon before your drive. My wife wants me to attend an event tonight and it might last a while. I added myself to a Saturday morning drive. Thank you and have a great drive tomorrow!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TT_Dubai said:

Hello @Mehmet Volga I am sorry to remove myself late in the afternoon before your drive. My wife wants me to attend an event tonight and it might last a while. I added myself to a Saturday morning drive. Thank you and have a great drive tomorrow!

it is ok @TT_Dubai, next time. Enjoy your night event 👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Alexander Holodny @Damien Ranjit @Daniel Rodas @Mohamad Anwer @Paul Zeitoun @Luca Bregni @bassel el rafei @Trekado @Alexanderrr @Pacific @Hisham Masaad

Hi everybody. Here is the convoy order for tomorrow;

convoy.JPG.c40c6ddff53e492b3d4091309d330d81.JPG

@Hisham Masaad will take partial lead of the drive as per his LL program

We will be using channel#1 on the radio

See you all in the morning

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use