Full Day Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Liwa - Abu Dhabi - 6 Feb 2022

Asif Hussain

Just now, Naveen Raj said:

I am impressed by the way you handled your Pajero on high climbs and bowls, I have to learn a lot from you, watching your Pajero in action instills confidence in me.

He just put Pedal Commander in which amplifies light pedal touch of 0.2 volt into 2V and also increases his confidence level to +100points. When you're that confident, you think you can tackle any bowls & climbs 🤣 

44 minutes ago, Zed said:

He just put Pedal Commander in which amplifies light pedal touch of 0.2 volt into 2V and also increases his confidence level to +100points. When you're that confident, you think you can tackle any bowls & climbs 🤣 

Zeddy says this out of personal experience. He believes his boat (oh sorry car) can climb any bowl or hill.🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Srikumar said:

Zeddy says this out of personal experience. He believes his boat (oh sorry car) can climb any bowl or hill.🤣

that is TRUE 😂! I realized as you advance further and do complicated drives, the less scared you become... that "fear factor" just gone outside the window, literally 🤣

2 hours ago, Zed said:

Zedy try pedal …. You won’t regret 😜 

Just now, Mus_hus78 said:

Zedy try pedal …. You won’t regret 😜 

Especially after that side slope  recovery in al qua you need a bit of .02 volt for self recovery 😎

• Haha (+1) 1

Trip Report:

Wow. Amazing. Exciting. I just seem to run out of words. My best Liwa trip ever, well executed and the best 9 cars for the job. The episode began on time everyone reached with a clear excitement on their face. We all met at Adnoc, filled our cars with petrol and few of us carried extra fuel which was not needed and that made an extra work for them to empty cans after exiting :) :). As we approached to the deflation point the area to enter I was frightened by the size and formation of the dunes around us. After deflating and quick safelty breafing we entered and played around for some time, and soon we all accepted the sand was very soft and we needed to push our stock cars to get through the terrain. Playing on these dunes was absolutely amazing, but we needed to be cautious as some of these dunes formations were very different than the ones we are used too, filled with technical dunes with pockets one after other. The best part of this area is when we have to drive down steep tall dunes and the cracking of breaking the sands with your tires was just like F16 is passing by. Climbing to the top of dunes is really challenging and we need to follow the step strategy through the technical dunes and once you reach to the top the dunes are breathe taking and plenty of huge rolling dunes around. As sun went up, 12noon I was finding difficulty in reading the dunes as the pockets started becoming camouflage and we decided to stop for lunch break after driving for a while. Zed’s biriyani, tikka – Santoso’s tea, Farooq’s meat arayes, arabic cofee after having all of these i felt like I am not going to drive anymore. With enough rest second half started, we saw a group exiting, we waved them and accelerated to the top again. We came across several challenges and the team stood up to take every challenge with a huge smile and enthusiasm. This area is not for everyone as both the formation of the dunes and some very soft patches makes it difficult to drive in this area. We even encountered the tire pressure raising by 4 PSI to make it difficult to climb, so we had to monitor our tire pressure constantly. @ShereenMK was at second lead and you did amazing job by correcting the path whenever i was struggling. @Alphin Aloor thanks for joining us all the way from dubai, @Naveen Raj@Farouq Owdeh@Santoso Marjuki@Mus_hus78@Zed@Josh T.thank you all and each one of you were my confident to plan this area. see you all next time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 5

Well done guys !! Hats off !!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use