•  

Twilight Fewbie Plus Desert Drive "Welcome back" - Lisaili - Dubai - 11 Aug 2022

M.Seidam

1 hour ago, M.Seidam said:

Dear Friends

here comes the convoy order 

image.jpeg.a4492db4202e519c43d869ba609806bd.jpeg

@Tom B looking forward to you! Cograts on your IM Status!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Guys I still have a short procedure to perform in the hospital . If all goes ok I will be on time inshallah . I might run late 10 to 15 min just in case . 

• Like (+1) 3

Hi all,

this is not a drive review but a message to all of you. I was on a longer break (because the morning drives at 5am are not exactly my time) nevertheless I came back and felt like coming home. It felt good to see so many known faces and cars and everybody is coming with a smile and is ready for a smalltalk! I really, really liked the spirit yesterday and think that carnity nails what we are all looking for: looking for fun in this awesome and big sandbox out there! Special thx to @M.Seidam for spending the evening with us! And another special thanks to the whole group!!!

have a happy Friday…c u out there!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

9 minutes ago, Felix Obst said:

Hi all,

this is not a drive review but a message to all of you. I was on a longer break (because the morning drives at 5am are not exactly my time) nevertheless I came back and felt like coming home. It felt good to see so many known faces and cars and everybody is coming with a smile and is ready for a smalltalk! I really, really liked the spirit yesterday and think that carnity nails what we are all looking for: looking for fun in this awesome and big sandbox out there! Special thx to @M.Seidam for spending the evening with us! And another special thanks to the whole group!!!

have a happy Friday…c u out there!!!

Thank you @Felix Obst for the kind words and yes there is nothing more pleasurable than meeting all of you guys after a while and we had fun all 🙏

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Drive report  ( Welcome back on 2WD 😅 )!

… Luckily I made it to the meeting point exactly at 16:45 and by the time the briefing is done @Trekado was deflating his last tyre. On 17:15 the convoy was running on the pylon track for about 7 km after which we crossed the technical strip to the left like a walk in the park, kudos to every one 🙏

image.jpeg.225490b2867764219e22311f023a9dac.jpeg

The hot blowing wind never prevented us from the fun so we carried on side sloping , criss crossing , looping  with up and down speed as the situation dictated till we came to our first stop when I faced a tight pocket nose down and immediately I instructed @Imran Kashif not to follow who as a second lead did a great Job through out the whole journey👍
I was blessed driving with a great team who spared no effort and had raised their tolerance for their Lead 🙏

image.jpeg.884c3258bc121e4cc63729780f1834cb.jpeg

( picture taken by @Karthik Raptor)👌

after clearing the sand from the front I managed it on 4Low out ) 

image.jpeg.749ee122412a9c34cc5d737b8f2ab9df.jpeg

( picture taken by @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler) 🙏

from here the story begins which made me really wonder what was wrong .. either I put lots of weight during vacation as my mother in law took care of me 🤣 or I had lost some skills 😄 which along I sunk three to 4 times side ways giving The fact the tyre pressure check upon last stuck of mine was at 10 PSI … ( will keep it till the end 😄
we continued heading toward Murqab Long range dune to catch up the breath taking sunset view .. obviously we had to enjoy it along shoveling my multiple sideway stucks 😅 apology🙏

We reached the big Sabkha connecting the Baja south and north and it was dark letting our offroad lights on where we chased the silhouetted mega moon 🌝 behind the clouds which made it to look like Jupiter !

We made a vote and it was Qudra where we chosen to end our journey at . I took the opportunity to thank every one for sharing helping and driving together today and the nice chatting and made sure to learn from them the feedback during the debriefing while we were on the track . 

I have to say that every one did exceptionally great and for me it felt different and I didn’t realise till after I inflated and almost every one was gone so I couldn’t share it with you there. 
when I wanted turned on the gadgets back to traction on and wanted to switch the knob on 2WD it was already on 2WD 😱😂🤪 …. After clearing my first stuck I couldn’t turn the 4Low off and I put it on  2WD to disengage it and forgot totally to switch it back to 4Hi .. looks like I was driving on 2WD and more over I was switching the knob without looking and recovering my self on 4Hi and going back to 2WD .. it’s not something to be proud of as driving at such level side sloping crisscrossing on 2WD could be very dangerous in such soft sand . This was my big learning yesterday. on the other hand  This experience proves the fact of two things Deflation and proper momentum are the kings to keep you running over the sand even if you are on 2WD , welcome back !

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 3

On 8/13/2022 at 8:07 AM, M.Seidam said:

Drive report  ( Welcome back on 2WD 😅 )!

… Luckily I made it to the meeting point exactly at 16:45 and by the time the briefing is done @Trekado was deflating his last tyre. On 17:15 the convoy was running on the pylon track for about 7 km after which we crossed the technical strip to the left like a walk in the park, kudos to every one 🙏

image.jpeg.225490b2867764219e22311f023a9dac.jpeg

The hot blowing wind never prevented us from the fun so we carried on side sloping , criss crossing , looping  with up and down speed as the situation dictated till we came to our first stop when I faced a tight pocket nose down and immediately I instructed @Imran Kashif not to follow who as a second lead did a great Job through out the whole journey👍
I was blessed driving with a great team who spared no effort and had raised their tolerance for their Lead 🙏

image.jpeg.884c3258bc121e4cc63729780f1834cb.jpeg

( picture taken by @Karthik Raptor)👌

after clearing the sand from the front I managed it on 4Low out ) 

image.jpeg.749ee122412a9c34cc5d737b8f2ab9df.jpeg

( picture taken by @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler) 🙏

from here the story begins which made me really wonder what was wrong .. either I put lots of weight during vacation as my mother in law took care of me 🤣 or I had lost some skills 😄 which along I sunk three to 4 times side ways giving The fact the tyre pressure check upon last stuck of mine was at 10 PSI … ( will keep it till the end 😄
we continued heading toward Murqab Long range dune to catch up the breath taking sunset view .. obviously we had to enjoy it along shoveling my multiple sideway stucks 😅 apology🙏

We reached the big Sabkha connecting the Baja south and north and it was dark letting our offroad lights on where we chased the silhouetted mega moon 🌝 behind the clouds which made it to look like Jupiter !

We made a vote and it was Qudra where we chosen to end our journey at . I took the opportunity to thank every one for sharing helping and driving together today and the nice chatting and made sure to learn from them the feedback during the debriefing while we were on the track . 

I have to say that every one did exceptionally great and for me it felt different and I didn’t realise till after I inflated and almost every one was gone so I couldn’t share it with you there. 
when I wanted turned on the gadgets back to traction on and wanted to switch the knob on 2WD it was already on 2WD 😱😂🤪 …. After clearing my first stuck I couldn’t turn the 4Low off and I put it on  2WD to disengage it and forgot totally to switch it back to 4Hi .. looks like I was driving on 2WD and more over I was switching the knob without looking and recovering my self on 4Hi and going back to 2WD .. it’s not something to be proud of as driving at such level side sloping crisscrossing on 2WD could be very dangerous in such soft sand . This was my big learning yesterday. on the other hand  This experience proves the fact of two things Deflation and proper momentum are the kings to keep you running over the sand even if you are on 2WD , welcome back !

Thank you Doc @M.Seidam for this wonderful MUCH NEEDED Welcome drive ( Atleast for me, as for past 3 weeks I was away from Sand ! ) It was a perfectly balanced drive with Full moon and Sun set :), yes you are clear winner ;) ! ( Am sure, Like me, everyone must be wondering, how come we are doing better than our most experienced member, but only if we had realised we were comparing 4WD vs 2WD and what you did with 2WD would take as numerous drives to be this level :D

On a serious note ! it was a perfectly timed drive and despite temperatures hot, it was not tooo bad to step out and do some shovelings :)  it was great to watch how you made sure you take proper precautions not to have pop out and patiently doing those self recoveries with little help  -  That has been my personal learning from this drive ! 

Was good to see all the known faces @Beide Worku @Karthik Raptor - Dint feel even single time, we were on track with 2 trucks ahead in front of convoy ! ;)  @Imran Kashif Great to see you as SL and @Tom B Was good to see you too as CF and with some clear instructions on recoveries , was our first together.  @Trekado Was amazing to see you you were using your radio even before the drive commenced :D , and the colorful wrangler boys with yellow @Morshedi White @Felix Obst vibrant Blue @Santoso Marjuki  - That's what makes it an even more interesting being a sweep in Convoy ! 

Edited by DP1011 , Deepak wrangler
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use