•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - "The quest for Inner Peace" - Murquab - Dubai - 18 Feb 2023

Varun Mehndiratta

Dear Sand Sailors

Thanks for joining in for the drive today. Very nice weather, some nice long range dunes and an awesomely capable convoy - made it for a perfect day out on sand. Ofcourse the stylish black and peaceful white was the theme of the day 😂, phew keeping track of order was a bit of task despite repeated reminders from @Abdul Basit Khan that his is Blue 😀🙏

Overall we travelled around 65Km in less than 3 hours of moving time at a rocking speed of around 23Kmph. Usual Murquab drive ends at Lisali, good ones at Love Lake, we crossed it all to reach Solar Park with 5 min to spare. 🏎️🏎️💨💨💨Really an awesome outcome for a FB drive and a testament of the skill set of the convoy. 

Each one of you did really well, apart from some minor refusal (expected in a long convoy), all of you maintained a very good pace.  However, in line with the theme of our drive, we had three stars that shone brighter than rest in their pursuit for inner peace. 😀

In 3rd position we have - @Pranjal Varsani1 Beautiful crest perfectly parallel to the ridge. Honestly in your rpm there was no inner peace 😀 still being the first to be crested and the perfect alignment to ridge gets you the 3rd position. 

2nd position ofcourse goes to @Krishna R through a perfect drive, a momentary lapse and we found RED Xterra crested on the ridge - again a nice parralel position to ridge and very calm shoveling and self recovery to secure 2nd position. 

Undoubtedly the champion of champions for day is  @Glenn W that Montero in Yoga pose looked amazingly 🔥🔥🔥  Perfect self recovery through that crest.  Very well done, was a super soft spot and you managed it very well. @Zubair  - Glenn’s crest on same spot with special yoga pose managed to beat yours hands down. 😀😀 In general brilliant work by you and @Ishak as SL. 

In addition, we have some one who managed to offer some Peace time to whole convoy. So a special award goes to @Mark B for that cutest of pop out- was almost fixed the moment we brought the car to flat and was more of a PIP out but ensured we had all our tools out today. 😀😀

Again thanks all for joining in and very well done throughout. @Mike M. and @Tharun Kumar V thanks for your support as CF and sweep. 

@Yaseen87 @Juzer Gandhi @Gary F  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Ha! great write up Varun and thanks for the drive it was great and thanks the honourable mention! My first pop out! to me it looked like my wheels was going fall off! But the team rallied around like a F1 pit crew and we’re back up and running in no time 😊

And yes that recovery by Glenn was a different class! I wish I had that on video!

Thanks again guys see you on the next one! 😎😎😎

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Varun Mehndiratta, thank you so much for leading the trip and bringing us to experience the terrain in a different way.

Thanks to everyone for the teamwork.

Thanks to the SL@Zubair.

@Mike M., Thanks for the advices, I was very relieved after knowing that I was driving in front of CF.

@Krishna R, your advice on crisscrossing, it works 👍

@Tharun Kumar V, thank you for kissing my car

image.png.611687322b530086ed7b5b8ddda9bafe.png

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

35 minutes ago, Ishak said:

@Varun Mehndiratta, thank you so much for leading the trip and bringing us to experience the terrain in a different way.

Thanks to everyone for the teamwork.

Thanks to the SL@Zubair.

@Mike M., Thanks for the advices, I was very relieved after knowing that I was driving in front of CF.

@Krishna R, your advice on crisscrossing, it works 👍

@Tharun Kumar V, thank you for kissing my car

image.png.611687322b530086ed7b5b8ddda9bafe.png

Thank you for the kind words. Glad to see how far u’ve come @Ishak! Always a pleasure Pajero partner! 

2 hours ago, Varun Mehndiratta said:

Dear Sand Sailors

Thanks for joining in for the drive today. Very nice weather, some nice long range dunes and an awesomely capable convoy - made it for a perfect day out on sand. Ofcourse the stylish black and peaceful white was the theme of the day 😂, phew keeping track of order was a bit of task despite repeated reminders from @Abdul Basit Khan that his is Blue 😀🙏

Overall we travelled around 65Km in less than 3 hours of moving time at a rocking speed of around 23Kmph. Usual Murquab drive ends at Lisali, good ones at Love Lake, we crossed it all to reach Solar Park with 5 min to spare. 🏎️🏎️💨💨💨Really an awesome outcome for a FB drive and a testament of the skill set of the convoy. 

Each one of you did really well, apart from some minor refusal (expected in a long convoy), all of you maintained a very good pace.  However, in line with the theme of our drive, we had three stars that shone brighter than rest in their pursuit for inner peace. 😀

In 3rd position we have - @Pranjal Varsani1 Beautiful crest perfectly parallel to the ridge. Honestly in your rpm there was no inner peace 😀 still being the first to be crested and the perfect alignment to ridge gets you the 3rd position. 

2nd position ofcourse goes to @Krishna R through a perfect drive, a momentary lapse and we found RED Xterra crested on the ridge - again a nice parralel position to ridge and very calm shoveling and self recovery to secure 2nd position. 

Undoubtedly the champion of champions for day is  @Glenn W that Montero in Yoga pose looked amazingly 🔥🔥🔥  Perfect self recovery through that crest.  Very well done, was a super soft spot and you managed it very well. @Zubair  - Glenn’s crest on same spot with special yoga pose managed to beat yours hands down. 😀😀 In general brilliant work by you and @Ishak as SL. 

In addition, we have some one who managed to offer some Peace time to whole convoy. So a special award goes to @Mark B for that cutest of pop out- was almost fixed the moment we brought the car to flat and was more of a PIP out but ensured we had all our tools out today. 😀😀

Again thanks all for joining in and very well done throughout. @Mike M. and @Tharun Kumar V thanks for your support as CF and sweep. 

Thank you @Varun Mehndiratta for a pleasurable drive! Looking forward to driving with you again. Thanks for  trusting me with the CF and sweep positions. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Perfect climate and a great convoy. Thoroughly enjoyed the morning. 

Many thanks to @Varun Mehndiratta, @Mike M., @Tharun Kumar V and @Zubair for their support all throughout.

Have attached a .gpx route for those that may be interested in the route taken.

Hope to see you all soon.

Qarayţaysah - Bab Al Shams.gpx

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you very much @Varun Mehndiratta, it was a superb and super fast drive, enjoyed a lot 

This was the first time I was driving as Second Lead, thank you very much for the trust and support. As mentioned in the morning to you I have been driving almost all my previous drives in the second half of the convoy and today I realized the difference between driving in a very churned up track & a fresh track

@Glenn Where is the photo of the Montero in Yoga position 😄

image.jpeg.d1c5823748cedbf80a7ffecff54212eb.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

What a fun drive yesterday morning , very different to the experience a few weeks back in the same area which has a very different feel due to the rain.

Playing “musical convoy” certainly added a different dynamic to the the drive.. which led to the funniest part of the drive.  Which black pajero ? should be behind the black gladiator 😀 

speaking of being in the back of the convoy during the second half of the drive , the sands were very churned up so finding clean line difficult and a reminder that there  is no shame in turning down when and if fishtailing starts to occur.. don’t fight gravity 

good to see you all and maybe next time I’ll get to experience “inner peace” ✌️ 

Edited by Gary F
Added a line
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

22 hours ago, Varun Mehndiratta said:

Dear Sand Sailors

What a Drive!

Thank you @Varun Mehndiratta for organizing and executing the drive to perfection. It was a lovely day and the extended convoy drove brilliantly.

I couldn't be in the inner peace drive and not experience it myself, so I crested in the most basic of manoeuvres and it was a great feeling, however, @Varun Mehndiratta and @Mike M.got jealous and got me out before I could attain nirvana. :) 

@Glenn W There is no competition man. Your stuck won first place hands down. The recovery deserves an award on it own :)  Your Montero isn't just here for the looks. It also has the cojones to tame the desert.

The position swaps were new for me but it was great to experience the drive from different parts in the convoy. We picked up pace during the end of the drive which was pumping and ended the drive on a great note. 

Special shoutouts to @Mike M. @Tharun Kumar V for supporting us and bringing us out in one piece :) 

Until next week boys!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

41 minutes ago, Krishna R said:

What a Drive!

Thank you @Varun Mehndiratta for organizing and executing the drive to perfection. It was a lovely day and the extended convoy drove brilliantly.

I couldn't be in the inner peace drive and not experience it myself, so I crested in the most basic of manoeuvres and it was a great feeling, however, @Varun Mehndiratta and @Mike M.got jealous and got me out before I could attain nirvana. :) 

@Glenn W There is no competition man. Your stuck won first place hands down. The recovery deserves an award on it own :)  Your Montero isn't just here for the looks. It also has the cojones to tame the desert.

The position swaps were new for me but it was great to experience the drive from different parts in the convoy. We picked up pace during the end of the drive which was pumping and ended the drive on a great note. 

Special shoutouts to @Mike M. @Tharun Kumar V for supporting us and bringing us out in one piece :) 

Until next week boys!

Great driving with you @Krishna R! Next time we will wait until you hit Nirvana :D 

until the next one! 

• Haha (+1) 4

All apologies for the late reply, and I hope you’re all having a great week. 
last weekends drive was great, myself and “the ball and chain” had great drive and great time.

Appreciate the accolades, but everyone drove great and part of the fun is getting stuck especially carrying out a self recovery without a shovel 😅… 

Thank you very much @Varun Mehndiratta for the great lead and fast paced driving towards the end. And to the support team for everything. 

Already looking forward to this weekend. God damn you had to be fast to get a place on the next drive 😂 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use