•  

Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Lisali Fort Adventure - Dubai - 8 July 2023

Davie Chase

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

Welcome to Carnity Off road Club Fewbie Plus drive meeting in Lisali.  We will be tackling the long and mid-range Faqa dunes as we travel through this amazing part of the Dubai desert.

If you have any questions, please post them in the drive forum thread and we will try to our best to answer them prior to the drive.

Closure of the RSVP will be approximately one day before. So please stay tuned.

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above

When:  08 July 2023, Saturday

Meeting time:  03:00 pm - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/6cmG8WSxsjWaafh76

Approximate finish time: 06:30 pm

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Recommended off-road gears: Walkie-talkie radio and off-road flag (MANDATORY), plus tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you find you are unable to join, so your spot can be taken by others in the waitlist.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, if an RSVP attendee removes themselves, you will be moved from the waitlist to the RSVP list as an attendee.
  • A convoy list will be sent out the day prior to the drive.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

RSVP ON THE CALENDAR EVENT

Desert adventurers @Joseph Raju @Pierre de Maigret @Paolo Pellegrini @Sunil Mathew please see below the convoy order for tomorrow's adventures, we will be using Channel 4, (446.081) and meeting at https://goo.gl/maps/6cmG8WSxsjWaafh76 looking forward to seeing you all at 15:00 tomorrow.

image.png.627e1663911219917b0ff796b6836fa9.png

Desert adventurers @Joseph Raju @Pierre de Maigret @Paolo Pellegrini @Sunil Mathew @Islam Solimanplease see below the updated convoy order for todays adventures, we will be using Channel 4, (446.081) and meeting at https://goo.gl/maps/6cmG8WSxsjWaafh76 looking forward to seeing you all at 15:00.

image.png

• Like (+1) 4

Thank you @Davie Chase for the afternoon hot drive.

After some time my car shows atmospheric temperature is 50 degree

It was a tough terrain and hot climate but convoy performed very well.

see you all in next drive

IMG_4431.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear Desert Adventurers, well we said it would be an adventure and it did not disappoint, we had some tricky technical areas, coupled with vegetation that made the going tougher than I would have like at the start but you all managed it extremely well. the second half of the drive saw us flowing through so longer-range dunes. we had very few refusals and only one stuck where we did have to get the shovels out and a couple of winches and a rope, this was at a tricky angle but you guys were amazing and assisted me to get it resolved quickly and effortlessly so well done and thank you. 

Fantastic S/L from @Joseph Raju you did everything right hanging back enough to give yourself time to react to my instructions well done. 

@Sunil Mathew brilliant as always at sweep you did amazingly well keeping the convoy together and me informed.

@Pierre de Maigret and @Bjoern you guys as did the other team members drove exceptionally well in as we described above so tricky terrain so well done to you all.

@Paolo Pellegrini  @Islam Soliman sorry we lost you guys so early, but it was hot  hot hot, hope you get on top of you heating issues and we see you in the sand again very soon.

image.png

image.png

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks Davie for letting me in and sorry for that I had to leave that early.. I was however very happy to reunite with you and follow off-roaders after such long time.. until we meet again soon InshaALLAH 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thank you for the hot afternoon drive @Davie Chase through a tricky, bumpy, vegetative terrain!!

Faqa is definitely not one of my favourite terrains going forward :D , but the drive was pretty intense at many places due to short and steep climbs, technical dunes, avoiding trees, shrubs , bushes , steps etc and keeping our cars stable on low rise side slopes, trying to get on top of ridges, negotiating sharp drops etc. I've got a scary moment of fishtailing captured on my dash cam, posting here for academic purposes 

It was good to see @Islam Solimanback in action after a break, but his car had other plans, decided to boil over and shut down ...hope you get it sorted, and return to the sands to retain your title of Carnity's only LWB truck marshal!!

@Paolo Pellegrini's drive also had to be cut short due to overheat , see you soon mate!

Good to drive with all fellow Carnitians

@Joseph Raju - who had to respond to a good number of terrain warnings from Davie , and reacted quickly. 

@Pierre de Maigret - who is joining after a long break from offroading , and looks like you feel a bit rusty 

and @Bjoern - our paths cross again, good to see you .

Looking forward to more drives in this hot summer, making most of the low traffic in the dunes!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

50 minutes ago, Sunil Mathew said:

I've got a scary moment of fishtailing captured on my dash cam

When you see any FJC fish tails on the ridge like that , you better hold your heart and pray 🙏 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use