•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Shuwaib - Sharjah - 30 Sep 2023

Hisham Masaad

14 minutes ago, Mark B said:

Thanks @Bjoern and sound about the right thing to do! Think I’d die if I did two drives consecutively! Either through tiredness or the wife killing me 😂😂

Just checked with my wife. Indeed also in my case it would have been either or 🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

31 minutes ago, Mark B said:

Thanks @Bjoern and sound about the right thing to do! Think I’d die if I did two drives consecutively! Either through tiredness or the wife killing me 😂😂

Ok @Mark B, finally wife or me? decide, i need to post the convoy order

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Dear @Mohamad Anwer @Mark B (you are stuck, you have to come. Dont listen to your wife) @Jona @Gary F @Ignacio Quindós @Benjamin @Bashar Beasha @Krishna R @Alexanderrr @Amir Amiri @Senthil Kumar @Davie Chase Below is the convoy order. We will be on chanel 2. Look forward to see you tomorrow morning 6 am

Nice evening

IM.jpg

• Like (+1) 9

Well guys what can I say, it was most definitely a different drive than i had in my head when I woke up this morning :)

It started off with a deja vu moment from the day before Advisor drive when just as we were about to get underway @Hisham Masaad announced on the radio that his car would not start. this time was a little different as it did not seem like electrical but more of a fuel issue (which could still be related to an electrical issue of course) I hope you get it sorted quickly @Hisham Masaad and it is not too big of a job.

This morning I actually told Tanya that we were sweeping and that it would be a nice relaxing drive for us as @Benjamin was in CF position so we would have little if anything to do :):) However, once Hisham announced his car issues that relaxing feeling quickly dissipated into not quite so relaxed lol as I realized I was the only other trip lead there. I had not really wanted to lead an Intermediate drive until I had a few more leads under my belt, but you know, sometimes it is better just to jump into the deep end. So we did with both feet, and wow what a swim we had.

It started off a little slow as we battled some technical terrain that was also quite bushy and bumpy, but once past this initial part of the desert we opened up into the fast-flowing dunes on our way to Iftar Bowl. This area is notoriously busy and bumpy with all of the cross tracks and it sure did not disappoint today. We did meet a few of the not so disciplined clubs which did give me cause for concern a few times, but we managed to navigate them and came out the other end unscathed. 

We had very few refusals and only one stuck that I can remember, which was handled exceptionally well by our support team member @Benjamin in his new role for the day of sweep. He also may have, and I stress may have, beaten my record for the fastest pop out fix. given there was not anyone to adjudicate I think it is only fair that I hold onto that title for the meantime :) great job mate and thanks again for all the support during the drive could not have managed without you.

Given the fact that the drive had zero planning from my side it went extremely well, that was mainly due to the fantastic second lead skills of @Mohamad Anwer, you did brilliantly my friend smoothing out my lines and keeping pace with me at the from ensuring the convoy had a much smother line, well done and thankyou.

The rest of the convoy drove the wheels of their cars for the whole 3 and a bit hours we were out, covering 43 kms at a max speed of 52.6 kmph. @Mark B @Jona @Gary F @Ignacio Quindós  @Bashar Beasha @Krishna R @Alexanderrr @Amir Amiri  thank you all for allowing me to lead you today, for your patience with me and the rest of the convoy and your brilliant driving skills that made the whole experience a fantastic Saturday morning. I hope you all had as much fun as I did and that you enjoyed the adhoc unplanned, exploration drive of the day:):)

Take care one and all and have a great rest of your weekend.

image.png

image.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 6

We were lucky to have you on this drive today @Davie Chase to cover and lead. I joined you once on a drive you were leading, and when it was decided that you were going to lead today I was sure it would be a fantastic drive. I enjoyed every bit of it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use