•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Nazwa Ridge Riding Express - Sharjah - 01 Oct 2023

Rizwanm2

DRIVE PLAN

Nazwa is my favourite place and it never disappoint me at any level. Drive plan is to find the exquisite Ridges in Nazwa and master the skills. Definitely it will be fast pase rollercoaster ride. 

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

• Level:  Fewbie Plus and Above
  • When: 01 October  2023, Sunday
  • Meeting time:  6AM - Deflated and Ready to go 
  • Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/U9xWSY3MgXDSSKzg6 
  • Approximate finish time: 10AM
  • Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
  • What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

MANDATORY OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor
  • Walkie-talkie radio
  • Off-road flag
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

Hello @Rizwanm2bro, pls allow me to drop out.  Was a bit ambitious to join this drive with my daughter who arrives tomorrow early morning  in DXB at 0020, sleep a couple of hours and then join this. Looking forward to joining you in the next post bro. Rest of you, have a great drive 

• Sad (0) 1

Dear Friends 

@Chris Wing @Deepak Eswar @Mohit Gurnani @Ahmad Nerat @Jona @Krishna R

Hope you all ready for express drive tomorrow morning, please find below convoy list order and we will be leaving sharp 6 AM.   

image.png.ca5aa782a57c7b88e71d711c4a8ef10d.png

see you all in the morning, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Rizwanm2thx for leading this drive. It was amazing.. We got the chance to ride most of the ridges in the area. The last 30 minutes around the big red were just WOW👏👏 .  @Chris Wing was doing great as SL we were following his steps in confidence. @Jona@Krishna Rit was amazing to connect with u again.. Finally to my frd @Deepak Eswar u did well regardless of the pop outs u faced. It's just part of our learning curve

Thx all see u soon on next drive!! 👌

• Like (+1) 4

Ridge Riding - My favourite part of offroading!

I gave up a Sweihan drive to take part in ridge riding express by @Rizwanm2 and I did not regret my decision one bit.

The entire convoy was ready even before the meet up time and I had to delay the start by 5 mins as my air filter was clogged up. Cleaned it to find about 10 Kgs of red sand :)  and the the car started breathing better. The drive started at 6:05 am and we started attacking the small and medium sized dunes of tawi nazwa and @Rizwanm2's lines were simply superb. I guess he made it a point not to leave even one tiny ridge unflattened and we destroyed them all.

The pace was really good and we reached pink rock in no time. A couple of climbs and then more ridges which were getting higher and higher. Then, the ridges started curving which increased the skill level. It was too good.

Faced a couple of unfortunate popouts and @Deepak Eswar had to exit due to a personal emergency at 9:20 am.

We still had 40 mins and raced to big red for 30 mins of adrenaline pumping climbs and ridge riding, 2 xterras and 3 Fjs. It is safe to say that we flattened big red from all angles and sides. It became small red by the time we were done with it.

Exited sharp at 10 am and @Chris Wing hosted us with chilled beverages. Thanks buddy. Inflated quickly and went home to have a hearty lunch and a nice siesta with a smile on my face :) 

@Rizwanm2 My first time on your drive and it was excellent bro. Your lines were fantastic and I had so much fun without damaging my car :) 

@Chris Wing The most qualified SL for this drive and you performed brilliantly bro. Nice driving with you after a long time.

@Ahmad Nerat You are killing it with your FJ man. Great driving with no refusals, no stucks. Climbed everything :) 

@Deepak Eswar It was an amazing drive from you that too being your first fb+ drive. popouts are a part of the learning curve and will never stop even if you become a marshall. Sad that you had to exit due to a personal emergency. Hope things will get better.

@Jona Just the day before, you said we need to go on a drive with the two of us at the end of the convoy and your wish came true within a day. Please make another wish that your friend, Krishna should become a billionaire soon :) . about the drive, We were just chillin in the back man, I was following your lines in a laid back fashion and as always, impeccable driving from you. I did not even know you had a passenger until we almost finished big red man :) 

In the end, It was the perfect ending to the long weekend and I was energized for the work week ahead.

Until next weekend guys,

Stay calm and the enjoy the weather.

~Krishna

• Like (+1) 6

Great drive everyone! Some drives feel like a meditation (in a good way) and the first part was just like that, smooth ridges, nice scenery, good company. 
the big red part was an adrenaline rush and a good way to end the drive. I had a major scare at the top of big red when i didn’t notice a big drop while pushing to climb, no damage to the car but a good reminder to always do an exploration run before tackling these big dunes at full speed! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Thank you guys for your feedback.  There is nothing much i can add here about the drive. I hope i lived up to title of this drive.  i believe we covered almost all the ridges in our vicinity.  

@Chris Wing no doubt you are one of perfect second lead i ever had, literally i did not have to tell you to adjust as you were already on perfect track behind me. 

@Deepak Eswar Welldone on your first FB+ drive, apart from the popout you did very well, 

@Ahmad Nerat  your driving skills were very good. glad you enjoyed the drive. 

@Jona i didnt hear much from you in the radio. means you are enjoyed the drive at back. 

@Krishna R thank you very much for sweeping and supporting the drive 

below is the summary of the drive we covered 57km with avg moving speed of 23.5kph which speak out fun we had. 

image.png.fd53943088459741f19cd2bcfba57280.png

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use