•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Fayah - Abu Dhabi - 21 Oct 2023

Davie Chase

7 hours ago, Davie Chase said:

Dear desert Wanderers, @DP1011 @Mohit Gurnani @Ranjan Das @Rk ram @Deepak Eswar @Dodi Syahdar @Patrick van der Loo @Gertjan and @Looper please see below convoy order for tomorrow's adventures, we will be using Ch4 446-081

looking forward to seeing you all at the meeting point tomorrow morning 

image.png.d38a9625e51422a3049d56b41850195e.png

Dear Davie, Would like to inform you that I have to travel to India due to a personal emergency and I won't be attending the drive tomorrow.  I regret any inconvenience this may cause. 

53 minutes ago, DP1011 said:

@Deepak Eswar Are you not joining this drive ? I see you in Convoy list but not on RSVP list ?

Dear Deepak, Sorry, I won't be joining the drive, since I have to travel to India for a personal emergency.

• Sad (0) 3

Thanks @Davie Chase for taking us into this beautiful desert area! The landscape was sunning, the drivers had big smiles!
A big thanks to all friends with who I could share the pleasure of this drive.
See you all on the sand soon!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear desert Wanderers, what a way to start the weekend, a beautiful sunrise greeted us after the first challenge of navigating the foggy weather on our way to Abu Dhabi. However, this did not dampen the spirits or enthusiasm of anyone in the entire convoy  @DP1011 @Mohit Gurnani @Ranjan Das @Rk ram @Dodi Syahdar @Patrick van der Loo @Gertjan and @Looper . Without exception everyone greeted each other with a cheery smile and lighthearted banter. 

The drive itself moved off and we wasted no time in getting into a fantastic rhythm along the longer-range dunes before entering some tricky technical dunes worthy of an intermediate level drive. The sand to start with was a tad firmer than expected due to the damp foggy conditions. However, this soon changed as the current bun (sun) quickly dried the top damp layer turning it into powdery, soft, lush white sand as only Fayah has to offer. The Entire convoy handled this change with prowess befitting an Intermediate drive, with just a few refusals and a couple of stucks that were quickly and easily dealt with by the wonderful and super knowledgeable support team of @Looper, @Dodi Syahdar, @Ranjan Das and @DP1011. You guys one and all drove amazingly.

My Second lead @DP1011 played a blinder, and I truly mean that, we had a couple of oh oh moments with an unexpected appearance of a nearly buried fence and a couple of surprise appearances of rock formations. all handled brilliantly by @DP1011 who was quick to react to my radio messages, well done mate and a pleasure to have you in S/L.

@Dodi Syahdar and @Ranjan Das both had their part to play in a couple of tug of wars, we got to see the brand new not so shinny Bronco in action and it was a pleasure to watch, thank you both for your support today.

Lastly @Looper who as usual Swept the convoy with professionalism and style, and with the occasional loop just to ensure he keeps the name alive and well. Having you in Sweep my friend meant I could relax at the front and enjoy the drive, thank you and appreciate the support it was outstanding.

Drive Stats

image.png.9f0f4c94b9b07a50b64d28ee266d613b.png

image.png.e6d5b59742329d6708a19784be672a60.pngimage.png.b8cc834dd24bf9c86ae78e8715fdd760.png

Thanks again to you all and have a great rest of your weekend.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thanks @Davie Chase It was a fantastic start to weekend. The choice of start point and the objective of reaching rock formation, with a perfect blend of Pace and technical FB+ , was just amazing experience. When at the beginning you said first time  as a lead for you and its like an exploration drive, i kept my fingers crossed, and with the fluidity you took us to rock formation, it appeared U drive here every second day😂! At No point to me it appeared it's ur exploration drive, deftly one of my favs this drive was, and what more to have it with pleasure of being your SL. Thanks. 

And the drive stats is reconfirmation of how amazing and strong convoy we had! Always great to see known faces! @Mohit Gurnani @Gertjan@Patrick van der Loo @Rk ram ! 

Been after a long time with my twinning rubicon owner @Ranjan Das😅!  Thanks for those tugs! 
And the boys who makes it even more stronger @Dodi Syahdar @Looper! - Thanks for Sweeping us and waiting for Insta 360 moments😅

See you all - Soon in sand! ✌️

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Picked the drive for the lead and I was not disappointed! Thanks a million @Davie Chasethis was an amazing drive. 
great driving by all in veeeeeery soft sand in spots. Wonderful to see @Dodi Syahdar sliding and catching in that new Raptor! always fun with this group, great banter and great coffee ;-)

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Patrick van der Loo great point I forgot to thank @DP1011 for the coffee️thanks Deepak it was very much appreciated 🙏

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Wonderful bunch of blokes, great banter, lovely coffee in the middle of the desert - now throw a great, fluid and fast paced drive into the mix - recipe for an intoxicating high. Thank you @Davie Chase for making it happen.

@Looper, @Dodi Syahdar, @DP1011, @Patrick van der Loo, @Rk ram, @Mohit Gurnani and @Gertjan it superb meeting and driving with you guys. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

It was a fantastic drive  & indeed a masterpiece of a drive by @Davie Chase. Loved every second of it. A impeccable second lead by @DP1011 and thanks for the coffee during the break. I had the break point mapped on my Gaia but did not know what it was for, it was a wonderful place to visit. @Ranjan Das and @Dodi Syahdar helpful support from you guys, and much appreciated as well, tugging out the stuck cars. @Mohit Gurnani & @Rk ram were only FB+ in the convoy so it felt less like a FB+ drive and more like a IM drive - you guys did great. @Patrick van der Loo your tiny TJ can go anywhere and seems to do it with so much ease. @Gertjan thanks for doing so much for making these drives more memorable with your photography. I off-loaded my responsibilities to my friend who was visiting us and just enjoyed the driving.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Important Information

Terms of use