2 Days All Level Overlanding Drive - 7 Emirates - 2 and 3 Dec 2023

Frederic

2 hours ago, Jaro Tuzinsky said:

Great idea @Frederic especially about the donation. Not sure about my plans for this long weekend. Would it be an option to join you on Saturday evening? Whenever will you be .

Hi @Jaro Tuzinskyit will be difficult to predict what point exactly we will be able to reach by the evening. Once we have appointed a camping spot, i can post it here on the forum.

Consider this to be in Maliha-Fossil Rock area. 

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• Frederic changed the title to 2 Days All Level Overlanding Drive - 7 Emirates - 2 and 3 Dec 2023
4 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Hi @Jaro Tuzinskyit will be difficult to predict what point exactly we will be able to reach by the evening. Once we have appointed a camping spot, i can post it here on the forum.

Consider this to be in Maliha-Fossil Rock area. 

Hej Frederic, i will be ready to join you. Pls share the spot with me, whenever you have it and I will be there:)

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Good morning @Damianand welcome to Carnity ! Kindly introduce yourself and go through our Newbie briefing video as it will give you a good introduction as to what we do and how we do it :) 

I see you drive a LC300. Beware that the front bumpers of the LC300 are quite low and might sustain minor damage from desert driving. On the other hand you will be enjoying its luxury !

MUST READ AND COMPLY

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Color, and Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience? If yes, pls share details.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks/eyelets.
  • Advise if you don’t have a programable radio and safety flag.
  • MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Hi Frederic - nice to meet you. The car is the GR Sport version so was sold to me as more suited to off roading than the non GR LC 300 - Ground clearance 235mm, approach angle 32 degrees and rampover angle 21 degrees. 

• 2023 Landcruiser GR Sport, Grey in color
    • I have participated in a dozen or so camping trips in the desert around Al Ain, Abu Dhbai in convey where we deflate tyres to 15 psi and head off into unmarked tracks in convoy; stopping and finding places to camp out of the wind which requires safely entering bowls and ensuring appropriate exit for the following day. 
    • confirmed  
    • Have ordered a flag for delivery this week 
    • Haven't got a radio yet but understand i need to get one from Dragonmart? Can you let me know which one?

Additionally, i will be bringing my family which includes 3 kids - 16/14/11 years plus the wife. Will that be a problem? 

• Like (+1) 1

So exited to join this drive , I’m new to this group as we recently moved to uae from Oman (with some good experience is dunes and mountains) , looking forward to meet you all and explore uae 

I’m driving 2018 Pajero SWB 3.8 

35 minutes ago, Damian said:

Hi Frederic - nice to meet you. The car is the GR Sport version so was sold to me as more suited to off roading than the non GR LC 300 - Ground clearance 235mm, approach angle 32 degrees and rampover angle 21 degrees. 

• 2023 Landcruiser GR Sport, Grey in color
    • I have participated in a dozen or so camping trips in the desert around Al Ain, Abu Dhbai in convey where we deflate tyres to 15 psi and head off into unmarked tracks in convoy; stopping and finding places to camp out of the wind which requires safely entering bowls and ensuring appropriate exit for the following day. 
    • confirmed  
    • Have ordered a flag for delivery this week 
    • Haven't got a radio yet but understand i need to get one from Dragonmart? Can you let me know which one?

Additionally, i will be bringing my family which includes 3 kids - 16/14/11 years plus the wife. Will that be a problem? 

Hi @Damian Dragonmart is the place for a radio, either get the Crony/Motorola MT777 or the Baofeng UV5R. You can also order online at edragonmall.com.

Instructions on how to program the radio can be found here:

With regards to bringing family members, of course they are welcome to join in. Be aware we will be doing around 350kms offroad in two days, which might be tiring for yourself and passengers. If they are used to it then no issue of course :)

PS there will be also limited to no toilets around. I hope we can find a camping spot that's not too far away from a main road where we can refuel and refresh. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome @Ahmed Farouk !

Thanks for your introduction, looking forward meeting you !

Kindly go through below topics and newbie briefing video which will give you a good introduction and what to expect.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Sorry Freddy, i had a reservation in Hatta that i tried to cancel or move away from that WE but i couldn't negotiate any of them so i will have to drop unfortunately, i have been looking forward to this type of drive/camping

• Sad (0) 1

I was actually waiting for this drive @Frederic still not sure I can join committed something else already on the holidays :( but trying my best to join at last minute if possible.   I'm sure this drive will be an amazing experience to everyone.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

6 hours ago, Amal Sunil said:

Hi @Frederic is it allowed to join only for day 1 and detach at the end of day 1 as planning to bring my family along this time. 

@Amal Sunil That is fine, no worries.

Important Information

Terms of use