•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Al Fayah - Abu Dhabi - 10 Feb 2024

DP1011

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

Welcome to Carnity off road club Fewbie plus drive, meeting at Al Fayah. Expect lots of space, pristine dunes, and soft sands. Please ensure your off-road gear is as per your rank and you bring lots of enthusiasm with you as this will be a drive through a great variety of terrain with a few challenges.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above

When:  10 February 2024, Saturday

Meeting time:   07:00 am - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/VAGWQTFzRjdVEbsR9?g_st=ic  

Approximate finish time:  11:00 am

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit, Tow Rope, 2 Shackles and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you find you are unable to join, so your spot can be taken by others in the waitlist.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, if an RSVP attendee removes themselves, you will be moved from the waitlist to the RSVP list as an attendee.
  • A convoy list will be sent out the day prior to the drive.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hello Again Fayah lovers ! 

@Rafey Hashmi @Amr Aydin @PAJERO petelczyc luke @Rk ram  @Juan R @Andrei S @FERNANDO SYRIO @Lala G ! 
Thanks for showing your interest for this one ! I am looking forward to seeing you on Saturday for some nice pace and technical challenges that the pristine dunes of Fayah offers. 

I hope you dont have any other plans, even if you have, You have the freedom to cancel your plans and not change your RSVP ( we dont have any WL as well ;) :D

Please do carry a chair each, so in case weather permitting, we can have a nice coffee break - and this is highly likely . Black coffee is on me, cappuccino lovers pls carry milk & sugar for yourselves 

Co-passengers - I let you decide on if you want to get any co-passengers and their  ability to handle ups and downs on a pace drive. NO exits will be made for any of co-passengers having off-road sickness  ! 

Convoy order will be shared tomorrow ! 

We will have a lot of traffic at the meeting point - thanks to @Frederic who loves Fayah as much as we do, and the overwhelming response to his drive with 12 NBs and 9 in WL and some solid experience in his manage tab ! 

So we will meet just at the right turn after you enter the entrance through barricades ! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Hello Gents ! @Kailas @Rafey Hashmi @george charbel @Lala G @Amr Aydin @Juan R @Andrei S @FERNANDO SYRIO @PAJERO petelczyc luke 

Please find below the convoy order  . RSVP IS CLOSED NOW. We will use Channel 2 : 446.031. Please be on time, with your fuel tanks filled up ! 

The gulf news fun drive is also scheduled at Tilal Sweihan and they commence the drive at 9am, there is a likely hood they might cross our planned route ( if they follow what they did in previous drive in this area :) )  - Our plan - Cover as much possible by 9, so we are way ahead of their convoy of 100s of cars !  Exit either will be Sweihan or back to Fayah - Depending on how the situation permits tomorrow. 

Its going to be cold (13 degrees)  when we commence our drive just about sunrise time (7am)  !  so get your self layered up appropriately ! 

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow - on time and ready to move by 7ish ! - Please run past the NB convoy, and just at the right turn is where we will have our briefing ! 

image.png.924749b43ddfcdf977a7a4384c067542.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thankyou everyone for the excellent lunar New year drive!

I absolutely loved the nice flowing dunes transitioning into technical areas. We stopped for a coffee next to the rock formations (animal graveyards😜) before heading into n the technical loops.

Unfortunately the Jimny shed it's numberplate somewhere in the dunes. Here we got to practice fixing popouts both drivers and passengers sides.

Thanks @DP1011for the excellent route selection. 

I have us at about 50km!

See you all again soon

PXL_20240210_024117832.jpg

PXL_20240210_023253278.jpg

Screenshot_20240210-132235.png

Edited by PAJERO petelczyc luke
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Today's morning desert drive at Faya, spearheaded by @DP1011, was fantastic. With @Amr Aydin as an amazing second lead, our convoy was in expert hands. Despite the morning's cold climate, the warmth of excitement among us was palpable. we navigated through some truly mesmerizing areas.

@Rafey Hashmi, with his nimble Jimny, was driving impressively, proving that skill often trumps size. I must extend my gratitude to @PAJERO petelczyc luke for his indispensable role as convoy sweep, ensuring we all stayed safe and accounted for. @Juan R, @Andrei S, and @FERNANDO SYRIO delivered fantastic driving performances, adding to the day's success.

However, the drive wasn't without its challenges. We encountered several popouts, and Rafey even lost his registration plate along the way. Despite these setbacks. I sincerely hope Rafey managed to reach home safely and can apply for a new registration plate without any hassle. This fantastic drive was a testament to the unpredictability of desert driving.

@DP1011 its enjoyable being in your convoy. Superb lead. 👍🏻

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Oh what a drive!

Great picturesque terrain with various surfaces in the first part and amazing technical patch in the second.

we have been told to avoid it but we did it twice, that’s the spirit! Sorry about your plate @Rafey Hashmi, I hope it will be sorted out easily.

I had a mishap of a pop out in the technical patch and thanks to everyone who helped me out with it. However I shouldn’t have mentioned Deja vu when when we entered the patch again as I got another pop out pretty much same spot but different side 🤦🏼‍♂️ thanks to everyone who helped me out with it.

thanks @DP1011 for the drive! Thanks @Amr Aydin@PAJERO petelczyc luke for support!

thanks everyone for the company!

see you in sand!

Andrei

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Man that sunrise, can't get it out of my head

@Amr A an excellent second lead, timely prompts and heads up helped avoiding traps. 
@Lala G's clear non verbal confidence boosters whenever I steered down were welcoming.
@DP1011 your drives are becoming my favorite. You take time to discover your convoys areas of improvement and segment your drives in that order 👏. Plus going above and beyond to stay with me and assist with the form submission on the dubai police app even after everyone left deserves another 👏

Learnings from the drive
1. Plate numbers need to be glued and bolted into the bumper for extra protection.
2. Being a Jimny, ride riding can be tough due to being a smaller vehicle, requires 200% attention.

Summary on plate: Got a call from the police to confirm where the plate was lost. After the certificate was received I went to Ras Al Khor heavy vehicle testing branch, as they are the only ones having a print factory. 75 dhs later, plate was in hand. Bracket was ordered from Amazon. All well and good and thank you all for the treasure hunt!

#JimnyPower

• Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use