Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - South of Africa: Final Round - Abu Dhabi - 11 Apr 2024

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi for another interesting and exploration kinda drive around this area. Second time here in as many weeks. We saw many interesting things and a couple of unfortunate ones like the Jeep that rolled over, thankfully he was ok and his friends were towing it out. With the terrain at times forgiving yet others weren't with very soft patches here and there and others we couldn't quite see well enough to know what was starring right at us because the sand was so bright. You did great getting us around the various fences and eventually over to see Sweihan Pond.  We have to take what she gives and make the best of it sometimes, and we did a great job of it today.

Good to see you again @Rob S and thanks for supporting the drive. It was a good team effort up there helping @Andrew John Melvill from that last refusal. @munkybizness I think we met on a drive last year or the year before. Thanks for sweeping our drive.

As always, good to see and chat with you again @Marek.

One new thing I learned today as I was starting my drive home. The car was wobbling and I went to the Sweihan petrol station to check my tire pressure and all was good. Felt too tired to bother hooking up my compressor again. :-) Still wobbled on the way home so I stopped on the side of the road to have a better look at things and found about half the mud flat stuck inside my rims. I was loosening all that up when @Sreenath G pulled up to check on me, Thank you for that. 👏

Have a look at all that sand from one tire...

20240411_130656.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Ale Vallecchi thanks again for a fantastic drive in a stunning landscape! 

@Rob S and @munkybizness your support roles excellent as always, really appreciated the advice and assistance during my refusals and the stuck. 

@Emanuel was good to follow your impeccable lines again! Also had to remove tons of mud from my rims, felt like i had lost all my wheel balance weights! Also had to air up the right front twice on the way home. Workshop in dubai cleaned out a good bit of sand from between the tire bead and the rim! 

To everyone in the convoy, thanks for a really good morning. 👍 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

...I was going 70km/h till I reached my place and pulled my washer... what a boring ride ;-)

Next time I'm going to have a portable power washer for occasion like this one. It's mad how much mud got inside my rims...

image.png.166f9a0926c13b5b7e0bd869883b6e3e.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

54 minutes ago, Marek said:

...I was going 70km/h till I reached my place and pulled my washer... what a boring ride ;-)

Next time I'm going to have a portable power washer for occasion like this one. It's mad how much mud got inside my rims...

A screw driver did the trick to lossen it all up to get balance back. Speed limit again after that.  

56 minutes ago, Marek said:

All that sand looks like my parking spot. 😂

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use