•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Al Madam - Sharjah - 25 Dec 2020

Chaitanya D

What an amazing drive it was. It was equal to 3 drives on single day. We covered almost 60km without a stuck only few refusals. Thank you @Chaitanya D   for your lead on maximum fun drive. @Gaurav Soni brilliantly handled his Pajero through out the drive. Initially @Probir Mukherjee was bit hesitant to push his V8  beast. But eventually he got the message and managed to climb bigred without any hesitation.  Thank you all for your company. Hope to see u soon.

Cheers 

Edited by Rizwanm2
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

47 minutes ago, Probir Mukherjee said:

Thanks @Rizwanm2 not hesitant just reconfigured deployment of power using Tiptronic based on guidance of @Chaitanya D.. First time at big red hope to move through with better ease in the next round .

Automatic gear is designed differently than manual however the option of tiptronic is useful here especially in steep descend / ascend or even ridge riding , gives better control without the sudden shift up or down when on just D when let go or floor the accelerator . 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Trip report

We drove to make a triangle ( Big red to 2nd Dec cafe to Tawi Nazwa). 745368609_Screenshot_20201225-170846_PhotoEditor.jpg.4f9ed4f1f2455edb966fd7873c156faa.jpg

Great to have a short convoy on a cold morning . It helped us to explore more and with fewer refusals or any issues.

@Gaurav Soni was excellent as 2nd lead. The way you handle the Pajero was quite impressive and climbing the big red was a piece of cake. Well done buddy

@Probir Mukherjee was number 3 in his monster LC V8, very few refusals . How you improvised and learned to play with gears for the climbs was very nice. Hope you had a good time.  Bravo

@Rizwanm2 was my Sweep cum center forward for this short convoy.we did not need your assistance much but you did great whereever it was needed. Great to see how you have improved driving the X. Well done.

@Lucky sAm you missed out on something which happens rarely, a convoy of 4 cars only.😜

Some images uploaded in gallery. Well done all of you.

Enjoy your last week of 2020, and for those on holiday - happy holidays. 

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Had an amazing Friday morning drive @Chaitanya D . I was so excited for this drive that I reached the starting point 30 mins early!  Once we started , I think it took us about 30 minutes to reach pink rock and about an hour thereafter to reach Tawi Nazwa after playing some dunes near 2nd December cafe. Track was quite churned up with cross tracks giving a good morning exercise for the suspensions.  
The climb and bowls of the small and big red was amazing to drive with tighter technical turns avoiding the soft pits!  Learned more about the throttle control required to keep moving. Guidance from @Chaitanya is gold!

The gap between 2nd and 3rd would building sometime and I think that along with cross tracks resulted in few refusals. @Probir Mukherjee you handled the LC beautifully. I guess both of us learned how important it is to maintain the momentum and push that pedal when required. 
@Rizwanm2 great support at the sweep , rerouting when required. It was an eye opener how easy it is loose the convoy track at back. ( while coming down big red). 
It seemed that you didn’t agree with cross tracks!  Hope to catch some more drives with you soon!

one of the best memorable drives on the nice cold Christmas morning! Thanks @Chaitanya D

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use