•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Qudra, Solar and Beyond - 22 Jan 2021

Wrangeld

Just now, Wrangeld said:

Thomas, please note the new timing. We start at 7am instead of 6.30. 

Because of my drive plan, even if it is foggy we will still be able to drive because of the options available from the planned start point. 

However, it's winter ... Or as I like to think of it, European summer. If you don't like the cold, study our if the freezer. 

And, a later start means noone has any family time left. 

@Wrangeld I agree and have no problem. Just informed you about the weather conditions and the outside temperatures 2 days back. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

@Mohamed Seidam The last full day drive under @Ale Vallecchi on 15th Jan was scheduled at 8 am and still fellow desertnauts found it extremely difficult to reach in the dense fog and our briefing had to be held in the car as it was too cold to get outside. I just mentioned it so that you won't be surprised. 

Leave home early? Plan for fog? 

Briefing in the car ... Much better for Covid. 

Hard to surprise me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

You made it. Great, you'll get your wish on this drive (technical). 

Actually I want to do two emoji here 😄 and 🙏🏻 I hope I will do my best , pleasure seeing you Richard and also to get to know new friends 🌷

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, Wrangeld said:

Leave home early? Plan for fog? 

Briefing in the car ... Much better for Covid. 

Hard to surprise me. 

To tell you the truth I'm up at 3 am for any morning drive and leave my home in Ajman around 5 so that my fellow desertnauts will not have to wait for me. 

Rain, Fog, Hailstorms are not going to stop me from joining the drive. I have driven through all these weather and can tackle all this and currently trying to tame the sands. Rub Al Khail had always fascinated me and one day I will cross the EMPTY QUARTER in my car thanks to all the valuable lessons learned from here. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Kudos @Thomas Varghese amazing attitude! To be honest, this is same for me... I guess Friday morning drives with the legends of the deserts is the one of the ways to find peace during this tough times!!! 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GauravSoni said:

Kudos @Thomas Varghese amazing attitude! To be honest, this is same for me... I guess Friday morning drives with the legends of the deserts is the one of the ways to find peace during this tough times!!! 

@Gaurav Soni you didn't join this drive. I know its difficult to RSVP when the calendar opens, I was chugging through the traffic from Dubai to Ajman where I live when the RSVP opened. One eye and a finger on my phone to RSVP and the other eye focused on the road ahead and hand on my steering to drive. I didn't want to miss the chance with @Wrangeld. By the way he has already promised it would be different. How could I miss the opportunity. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

29 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

To tell you the truth I'm up at 3 am for any morning drive and leave my home in Ajman around 5 so that my fellow desertnauts will not have to wait for me. 

Rain, Fog, Hailstorms are not going to stop me from joining the drive. I have driven through all these weather and can tackle all this and currently trying to tame the sands. Rub Al Khail had always fascinated me and one day I will cross the EMPTY QUARTER in my car thanks to all the valuable lessons learned from here. 

Perfect. I promise not to be late either. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Wrangeld said:

I promise I will learn from you. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

@Thomas Varghese Ditto for me! It’s fate that I am Riyadh this week. Would be joining the drives on 29th......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@GauravSoni its said Birds of the same kind flock together. I was bit late in joining carnity for the drives. Now after I joined nothing can stop me. Will see you soon in the sands. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use