COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Qudra, Solar and Beyond - 22 Jan 2021

Wrangeld

What a fantastic convoy we have already for this drive. Qudra has so much to offer for all levels of drives. There are long range dunes where we can slide slope to our heart's content, swooping valleys and pockets where the soft sand is so deceptive that a 1 meter mistake will drag you in and there are sections of technical dunes that challenge the best of us. There are even high pyramid dunes which are normally reserved and of course, some lovely low and safe dunes where we can practice both ridge riding a criss crossing whicha re skills every driver needs to move up to the more adrenalin fuelled advanced drives. It's got the lot. 

My plan for the drive on Friday is simple. From our start point a few km from Last Exit naviagte through sand that is often untouched by convoys because it's more difficult to get through, find our way to some long rang dunes in the direction of Bab al Shams, scre the gazelle and Oryx as we move out further West and then double back East (once the sun is high enough) towards Solar Park and in the direction of Lisali covering both technical and swooping dunes through and off the Sabkas. 

How far we can take the challenge will be totally down to how this amazing convoy handles the challenges. 

Anyone who knows my drives knows I am not afraid to take the convoy through technical sections, sometimes avoided by other drives, because I think that the technical dunes are where we really learn the skills of control of car, acelleration, steering and sand. We will be climbing and crossing dunes the whole time as well and hopefully see some parts of teh Qudra complex that are less visited - why? Because Qurda is so well travelled that finding the pristine clear sand tracks is not easy. 

If we cover a lot of kilometers that's OK - but not the aim of this drive. The aim of this drive is to throw as many different challenges to you as possible and get everyone safely and happily out with a big grin on their face. 

More to follow during the week. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

What a fantastic convoy we have already for this drive. Qudra has so much to offer for all levels of drives. There are long range dunes where we can slide slope to our heart's content, swooping valleys and pockets where the soft sand is so deceptive that a 1 meter mistake will drag you in and there are sections of technical dunes that challenge the best of us. There are even high pyramid dunes which are normally reserved and of course, some lovely low and safe dunes where we can practice both ridge riding a criss crossing whicha re skills every driver needs to move up to the more adrenalin fuelled advanced drives. It's got the lot. 

My plan for the drive on Friday is simple. From our start point a few km from Last Exit naviagte through sand that is often untouched by convoys because it's more difficult to get through, find our way to some long rang dunes in the direction of Bab al Shams, scre the gazelle and Oryx as we move out further West and then double back East (once the sun is high enough) towards Solar Park and in the direction of Lisali covering both technical and swooping dunes through and off the Sabkas. 

How far we can take the challenge will be totally down to how this amazing convoy handles the challenges. 

Anyone who knows my drives knows I am not afraid to take the convoy through technical sections, sometimes avoided by other drives, because I think that the technical dunes are where we really learn the skills of control of car, acelleration, steering and sand. We will be climbing and crossing dunes the whole time as well and hopefully see some parts of teh Qudra complex that are less visited - why? Because Qurda is so well travelled that finding the pristine clear sand tracks is not easy. 

If we cover a lot of kilometers that's OK - but not the aim of this drive. The aim of this drive is to throw as many different challenges to you as possible and get everyone safely and happily out with a big grin on their face. 

Wow it looks so exciting. I'm impatient to be 7am Friday. Maybe with my level of expertise I should be requiring lots of assistance. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

@Wrangeld with every post you make explaining the drive I get more and more excited. I wish I could sleep for a couple of days just to skip to Friday 7AM as @Thomas Varghese said 🤣

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

4 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

with so much anticipation and, i think i'll kidnap @Shehab Alawadhi on Thursday and just camp till the next morning at the spot 🤣

Excited to show you what i've learned about the TJ since our last drive :D @Wrangeld

Edited by Arman
i press enter too early sometimes
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Arman said:

with so much anticipation and, i think i'll kidnap @Shehab Alawadhi on Thursday and just camp till the next morning at the spot 🤣

Excited to show you what i've learned about the TJ since our last drive :D @Wrangeld

@Arman that’s actually not a bad idea to be honest 😂

Edited by Shehab Alawadhi
  • Haha (+1) 4

6 hours ago, Arman said:

@Arman you have again elevated my excitement. I can't believe myself why I'm excited for a drive. Only 1 answer. The passion to drive and learn new techniques on every terrain. @Wrangeld will surely elevate the passion. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

3 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

@Arman you have again elevated my excitement. I can't believe myself why I'm excited for a drive. Only 1 answer. The passion to drive and learn new techniques on every terrain. @Wrangeld will surely elevate the passion. 

@Thomas Varghese I may have a passenger coming with me and he is also a photographer. thought you guys would get along well!

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Shehab Alawadhi said:

@Thomas Varghese I may have a passenger coming with me and he is also a photographer. thought you guys would get along well!

@Shehab Alawadhi to tell you the truth I'm not a photographer. Its like calling me an offroader bcoz I have an offroader. It would be lovely to meet a fellow offroader who likes to take pictures. Looking forward to meet you, your friend and @Arman

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Thomas Varghese said:

@Shehab Alawadhi to tell you the truth I'm not a photographer. Its like calling me an offroader bcoz I have an offroader. It would be lovely to meet a fellow offroader who likes to take pictures. Looking forward to meet you, your friend and @Arman

@Thomas Varghese inshallah Friday!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

5 minutes ago, Shehab Alawadhi said:

@Thomas Varghese inshallah Friday!

are you letting yourself to be kidnapped by @Arman. I don't mind getting kidnapped too. Let me know the time and venue so that I can surrender myself. 

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use