•  

COVID 19 Compliant -Saturday Afternoon - Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Faqa - 30 Jan 2021

Foxtrot Oscar

Oh it was an Awesome drive, Toreto was alone missing "Brian" @Ahab Shamaa and "the Rock" @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ, they were afraid of "Cipher" @Foxtrot Oscardrive 🤣🤣😜😜

we drove in a very good pace, and it was very fun, sure that the gym shovel workout was necessary, but always fun, and learning where to dig as mentioned ... I got crested in a weird way, crisscrossing my tail just slipped out suddenly and I got 4 wheels hanging in the air... 

congrats to all drivers keeping up the pace. @Craig Finlayson and Angela with your weird jokes 😝😝, @Desert Dwellerand @Pancho in the silent sweep. @Tamas Hoffmann I hope your issue is a easy fix... 

see you in the sand....

*screenshot of drive details

20210131_103000.jpg

Screenshot_20210131-102856_Gaia GPS.jpg

Edited by DANIEL NOGUEIRA
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Goutam said:

Last week when I was here at Al Faqaa, I got refusals almost on every turn. Got crested on the same dunes twice and dig myself in  bowls whenever I stopped. And today Faqaa had nothing on me. Oh! except one time I got crested just because my companions asked me to stop on the crest so that they can have a good view of @Mikhail Lukichev's recovery.

I think (though not as a norm) refusals sometimes are matter of dumb luck working against one; and on the day one faces  refusals, irrespective of how well one is driving and other days it is in favor and one can get away with some silly mistakes.

I had a lots and lots of practice riding on the ridge on Friday morning with @Pancho and today I put what I learnt to work. We were quite lucky initially - and all the refusals could be self recovered and we drove like magic. But on the 2nd leg of the day we went a bit sideways and had few crested cars mine included.

It was a wonderful drive for me and had lots of fun driving in the afternoon into the evening sun.

A big thanks to @Craig Finlayson for helping me. Also the customary thanks go to @Tamas Hoffmann and @Desert Dweller for officiating the drive. See you all again soon!

Sometimes it is luck, but mostly it is driver error. My stuck came about due to indecision, I saw the ridge rising, was going to criss cross left, slowed down too much, lost momentum (due to the rising crest) and voila, stuck! I should have been more decisive but that's the joy of leading. 

Analysing the refusal/stuck is also part of the learning process. ;) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use