•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - E611 "Ghost Roads" - A Premiere - Dubai - 05 Mar 2021

Ale Vallecchi

Thank you @Ale Vallecchi, @Vanessa8580 and @Rajeevan Vickneswaran for a very enjoyable drive yesterday. As usual, with @Ale Vallecchi's lead, the drive is very educational, and @Vanessa8580 adds the twist of fun to it.

Though the drive was easy, it was a combination of nice scenery and some enjoyable dunes.

Noticed though we don't have a slot in the gallery, hot some nice photo.

@Vanessa8580 got a nice photo of you on top of a dune, is it ok to post? or I share directly with you?

20210306_075239.jpg

GX010069_1614969662125.jpg

Edited by Paul Zeitoun
Addingnimages
  • Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

23 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hi Thomas. It's not that close to Business Bay. Its to the right of E611, in the direction of Sharjah, after E611 intersects E66. The grid is visited by many, for picnics and photographing. There you will not get lost. Going beyond it, toward E44 is tricky, you need to know your way, and things can happen like in any other desert. So no going there alone is suggested, as at Carnity we never suggest to venture in the desert alone, ever. 

In addition  to the new constructions on going, which I Don't know what for?! Could it be more ghost roads🤔

• Haha (+1) 3

I quite agree that we should never venture out alone. I can narrate my personal experience yesterday opposite to Global Villege towards Emirates Road I took my dogs in my Pajero which had nothing on board as everything has been shifted to my FJ. The sandy and shrub area looked appealing and I ventured put only to be stuck in a sandy trail. Tried to deflate tyres with car key and used my hand amd a piece of wood to spade out nothing happened. Had to later call my wife from work to bring my loaded FJ to tug out the pajero. So learned my lesson not to venture out alone and never without gear and tools on board. These desert area look innocent and appealing but can become difficult and embarrassing to call for help.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4

41 minutes ago, Paul Zeitoun said:

Thank you @Ale Vallecchi, @Vanessa8580 and @Rajeevan Vickneswaran for a very enjoyable drive yesterday. As usual, with @Ale Vallecchi's lead, the drive is very educational, and @Vanessa8580 adds the twist of fun to it.

Though the drive was easy, it was a combination of nice scenery and some enjoyable dunes.

@Vanessa8580 got a nice photo of you on top of a dune, is it ok to post? or I share directly with you?

20210306_075239.jpg

Of course you can share it 😉

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Paul Zeitoun said:

20210306_075239.jpg

Hi Paul, very nice pictures! would it be possible to get a high res version of the second picture? 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Humayun Ghias said:

Hi Paul, very nice pictures! would it be possible to get a high res version of the second picture? 

Hi Humayun,  it is not very hi res as an extract from a video. 750kb

I do have other photos, check the gallery ( for some reason named E66)

Edited by Paul Zeitoun
  • Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

I have seen a trail going past the RAK The Ritz Carlton Wadi resort and always wanted to explore there. Any marshal's in @Carnity have plans to organize a drive in that area? I suppose it should be a full day drive considering the distance. I probably went a km into that trail in 2020 June and backtracked as the road was going on an on into no idea where and was afraid I might get lost as I have no navigational skills. 

Oh then you missed the RAK drive in December. It was close.to area that you refer to and was awesomely scenic...again thanks to @Ale Vallecchi and @Wrangeld for exploring that track...was simply the most scenic drive i have been to. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Oh then you missed the RAK drive in December. It was close.to area that you refer to and was awesomely scenic...again thanks to @Ale Vallecchi and @Wrangeld for exploring that track...was simply the most scenic drive i have been to. 

My AN drive was only on Dec 11. 

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 1

Ale, thanks for the drive, really enjoyed. Was wondering, but during the drive you drove into a pocket that surprised you, ie you didn't expect it. I've also seen the same in other drives with different leads. Was wondering tho, what advice do you give, if you drive into a 'surprise' pocket, do you quickly accelerate out or stop to evaluate. I guess it depends on the pocket's size, but is there a best option. I would just panic, I think, which would be useless. 

Edited by andy_macdxb

Important Information

Terms of use