•  

When every second matters: 4in1 inflation/deflation kit and Apex-like precision deflating valves

1 hour ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

So, summarizing the best setup you’d suggest is 

1. apex valves for deflation (don’t have )

2. twin ARB compressor , maybe with the digital pressure gauge (I have a twin portable now with tank)

2. I am lost about the hoses and all-wheels-at-once … clarification pls ! 

Hi, the 4 in 1 refers to the ability to deflate or inflate four tires at once, there are several brands available or it is possible to make one yourself with parts from amazon, a picture will explain it better, but 4 tire valves and a central hub to allow air into all 4 at the same time or out at the same time. the device connects directly to your compressor, this is where a powerful compressor is important as it will be working continuously for a longer time. You need to have a 100pc duty compressor such as the ARB mentioned a lot in this post for this work effectively. Duty refers to the amount of time the compressor can run without overheating and cutting off. 

indeflatefourhose1.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

So, after some thinking, investigation with @Carnity members and reading through this thread, I got my Apex Valves and I must say they are incredibly fast. 

The engineer in me, however, never rests, so the first thing I did was a proper before / after time comparison with the aid of my professional stopwatch operator, my son Miki, to see how serious were the multiple claims I had read. 

Here it is.. 

Test on Apex Valves done on single BFGoodrich 255/75R17 A/T KM2 tire:

Deflation time

(from 35psi to 9psi including fine pressure tuning and cap removal / reinstatement)

- normal valve: 90"
- Apex valve: 30"
Result: Apex 200% faster

Inflation time

(from 9 psi to 35psi including cap removal/reinstatement and pressure fine tuning)

- normal valve: 95"
- Apex valve: 70"
Result: Apex 35% faster

Conclusions:

(i.e. how to justify my next mod to my wife):

I will sleep 4 more minutes before every morning drive and get home 1'40" earlier after every drive. Considering I do approx. 100 drives per year, assuming a lifespan of these valves of at least 2 years, I'll be saving in total almost 10h/year, at a cost of 35 AED/h .. 

That is, of course, unless I get wider tires, which would increase the above benefits proportionally.. 😂😂😂

I didn't know what to say @Lorenzo Candelpergherexcept 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 and congratulations

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 minutes ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

Hi @Hisham Masaad, how your piping works ? e.g. I understand that you have valves closer to each tyre so to run short hoses ? 

Yes @Paolo Pellegriniconnections are made to each tire. With a small hose I connect to the tire. Through the mobile App you put the target pressure. Till target pressure reach, the app will give an alarm...... and that's it😊

• WOW (+2) 1

16 minutes ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

no worries and many thanks @Hisham Masaad, it looks like a great idea. Net ARB compressor and pressure control system app, piping, 4 short hoses .... and maybe a fridge to sip the cold beverage inside the cool car while the system does its job ! :)

yes, to be honest this is my next project. A fridge. The problem I am not finding small fridge to set between the seats. 🥲

@Hisham Masaad @PaoloMaraziti I purchased a Dometic Fridge that I have set in the middle seat at the back.  It’s easily accessible from the front however I do have disproportionally long arms?

E9FAF58F-389A-4590-B92C-9F34BC1555BF.jpeg.1559e8b0c2099ab93caea397b845c98d.jpeg

It’s designed to be held down by the seat belt and stays nicely in place having driven with it for 4 drives now.   It doesn’t cool heavily and my experince is endure the drinks are already cold … then the fridge works great keeping it that way! (Maintains -20 vs interior temp)

I have seen online someone install a Prada Centre console fridge but I felt it looked too large and may get in the way when driving (elbows). 

Edited by Niki
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

44 minutes ago, Niki said:

@Hisham Masaad @PaoloMaraziti I purchased a Dometic Fridge that I have set in the middle seat at the back.  It’s easily accessible from the front however I do have disproportionally long arms?

E9FAF58F-389A-4590-B92C-9F34BC1555BF.jpeg.1559e8b0c2099ab93caea397b845c98d.jpeg

It’s designed to be held down by the seat belt and stays nicely in place having driven with it for 4 drives now.   It doesn’t cool heavily and my experince is endure the drinks are already cold … then the fridge works great keeping it that way! (Maintains -20 vs interior temp)

I have seen online someone install a Prada Centre console fridge but I felt it looked too large and may get in the way when driving (elbows). 

Many thanks @Nikifor the advise. Yes, Ive seen it in ACE, keeping it as an option, till I check others. Today I saw ARB posting on instagram as well, which I am planning to visit them today 👍🏽

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

Anybody got issues with APEX valves and TPMS ? 

I am going install them but my current TPMS is attached to the old valves, so it won’t work anymore (used only to trigger a low pressure warning light on the dashboard)

I have a FJ Cruiser 

It will work. The TPMS sensor is removed from the stock valves and connected to the Apex ones. 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use