•  

COVID19 Compliant - Tuesday Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Murquab - Dubai - 15 Jun 2021

Anish S

Fast paced and technical drive in the heated summer afternoon, long slopes and tricky dunes. 

Thank you @Anish S for arraging this mid week "3 course meal", and support team members for making the drive smooth and enjoyable @Lakshmi Narasimhan @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil @RooRzOn and ofc @Marwan Haddad for rerouting the tracks on numerous occasions.

@TT_DubaiTim could you please give me the link for that 4 cylinder compressor you mentioned? my little compressor has come to its end of life surely :(

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

I don't think there is a personal inbox function here and I think we can't recommend individual businesses. Pls send me a WhatsApp zero five zero eight five six eight four five four @Zixuan Huang - Charlie

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, TT_Dubai said:

Pls send me a WhatsApp zero five zero eight five six eight four five four

Hope theres no restrictions to share contact numbers, but still appreciate ur patience typing all the way late night!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Christopher Assal said:

traction control was not an issue however the ABS did kick in a couple of times

@Christopher Assalyou can follow this method until you install the kill switch

https://youtu.be/FMT72YQxgnU

I use it and its flawless. Just turn your engine off, unplug, the turn it on. Same goes for plugging it back

Dont worry abt skidplates.. they are there to be bended 😂😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Was a wonderful, nice, technical mid week drive , thanks to @Anish S and support team @Lakshmi Narasimhan, @RooRzOn. and 2L @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil....and not to forget @Marwan Haddad who created a new position called 3rd Lead 😂 

as L and 2L were in-seperable at times due to the nature of terrain !!

the drive was worth the early "bunk" from my worksite 😉, every minute

Right mix of intense technical stuff and fast paced long range dunes, cross overs, broad ridge rides etc.

Sustaining long sideys still prove to be a challenge for me, as i lost confidence mid way on couple of them, and exited early. Waiting for the right technique to present itself, as i get to practice more :-). This mound of sand on long side slopes, created by the cars in front always scares me, as a pivot for roll overs, so the moment i see a fairly high sand mound, my mind goes blank 😃

Tried to create some video links..excuse the quality and vibration...taken with iphone on a 50AED holder

Edited by Sunil Mathew
video links added
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 5

2 minutes ago, Sunil Mathew said:

Was a wonderful, nice, technical mid week drive , thanks to @Anish S and support team @Lakshmi Narasimhan, @RooRzOn. and 2L @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil....and not to forget @Marwan Haddad who created a new position called 3rd Lead 😂 

as L and 2L were in-seperable at times due to the nature of terrain !!

the drive was worth the early "bunk" from my worksite 😉, every minute

Right mix of intense technical stuff and fast paced long range dunes, cross overs, broad ridge rides etc.

Sustaining long sideys still prove to be a challenge for me, as i lost confidence mid way on couple of them, and exited early. Waiting for the right technique to present itself, as i get to practice more :-). This mound of sand on long side slopes, created by the cars in front always scares me, as a pivot for roll overs, so the moment i see a fairly high sand mound, my mind goes blank 😃

Tried to create some video links

Definitely you are improving with every drive, so nothing to worry, it took me 20+ drives to be more confident its still WIP.  Try to see the  path car in the front has taken (if they can do safely, you will also be able to) and observe the momentum (this is the key factor), also try to take fresh track left/right/above/below based on the situation and also push little bit more, try to practice this on couple of newbie drives, you will see lot of improvement!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use