Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Bowling in Sweihan - Chapter II - Abu Dhabi - 18 Sep 2021

On 9/13/2021 at 10:35 AM, JeromeFJ said:

Really looking forward to this drive. These dunes look amazing, and I have been starved from desert during a few week 😀😀

Just waiting the go ahead from Lorenzo, and I will happily run and do my PCR 😅 !

Dear @JeromeFJ, I believe, given that we have only 5 participants, you can be already confirmed for this drive.

Please feel free to plan for your PCR in due course. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DRIVE REPORT  Dear Desert Wanderers,  Today's drive in Sweihan was for sure one of those I will remember for long time, as it was one of the most problematic drives I've ever had.  It a

Dear Desert Wanderers,  this RSVP is now closed. Please find below the convoy order for our drive: @Mus_hus78, @Hasan Wahlan, @Farouq Owdeh, @Rizwanm2, @Ruan van den [email protected]

Fred, my face of surprise is because I don’t understand why no more members jump on it ! It’s an amazing opportunity , I wish I were in town to join ! But clearly the less the better for the convoy, t

Posted Images

10 hours ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

🤨

5 cars is all you need in that challenging part of AD with mega-bowls :) 

• Like (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

20 minutes ago, Frederic said:

5 cars is all you need in that challenging part of AD with mega-bowls :) 

Fred, my face of surprise is because I don’t understand why no more members jump on it ! It’s an amazing opportunity , I wish I were in town to join ! But clearly the less the better for the convoy, this is going to be amazing fun and adrenaline 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear Desert Wanderers, 

this RSVP is now closed.

Please find below the convoy order for our drive:

image.png.0b0f61cdf3f230fc031d7d2f92bce146.png

@Mus_hus78, @Hasan Wahlan, @Farouq Owdeh, @Rizwanm2, @Ruan van den Heever@Xavier Treasurer, @JeromeFJ, @M.Seidam, this drive is going to be thrilling and exciting, but also very demanding from a technical point of view, both mentally for the drivers and mechanically for the cars. It will require your full and undivided concentration at every step, especially when we will reach elevated positions on steep slopes, so make sure you come well rested and hydrated and that and you don’t have any reason for being distracted. Also, please consider carefully if you wish to bring passengers along with you.

We will be using Carnity Channel 4 (446.08125Mhz)

Our meeting point is confirmed: E16 Al Taf Road -https://goo.gl/maps/rwPsW39SNAKqi63U9 

See you tomorrow morning, ready to go (i.e. already caffeinated, deflated, flagged and briefed) by no later 5:45am (sharp), so make sure you make it to the meeting point at least by 5:30am.

• Like (+1) 7

Hi Friends

My first time in Sweihan and second time in AD Drive . What a beautiful and amazing drive that was . Full of thrill and action . More than that the team spirit embraced by all of the drivers . Good driving and adherence to convoy and COVID discipline and precautions always. Couple refusals , two pop outs and two tugs along bowling as much as we could have to the content of our hearts . 

well done every one for this amazing day and It was pleasure driving with all of you 🙏👍

thank you @Mus_hus78 for being a perfect second lead 

@Rizwanm2 for anchoring our convey flawlessly. 

last but not least many thanks to our lead @Lorenzo Candelpergher for making our day so excited despite what ever came in the way . Regards to your little copilot , mine was asleep home 😄 

wish you great week ahead , till next time 

Edited by M.Seidam
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Superb drive report @Lorenzo Candelpergher made me relive the day once more and definitely it’s one of a drive to remember for a long time . Thanks again to you and to every one who participated today in this thrill 🙏

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear Desert Wanderers, 

Some videos of today's 1st big bowl:

This is @Ruan van den Heever:

This is @Xavier Treasurer:

This is @M.Seidam:

This is @JeromeFJ:

What a great bowl it was! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

Dear @Lorenzo Candelpergher, amazing drive this morning, for sure one to remember. Discovering the magnitude of the bowls, the dimensions of the dunes, the depth of the descends and the unbelievable heights to climb was amazing.  Thank you for the lead, and the detailed report.
As you mentioned, I had my wake-up call in the first bowl, and then was fully awake to enjoy every piece of it ! What a thrill 😀😀 !

Thanks to everyone in the convoy, it was nice to see new faces and the mutual support and team spirit was excellent, along with the skills and determination required today.  Recoveries and problem solving are part of leaning. You had more than your part today, hopefully the drives will be smooth. Thank you @M.Seidam for the sweep, and the company at the back of the convoy, @Rizwanm2 for the support. Definitely waiting for the next Abu Dhabi drives !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

For replying to this topic, please

Subscribe and then join Offroad Club

And enjoy multiple level off-road drives - every weekend.

Important Information

Terms of use