Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - "Rise Up to Chkpt 200, time for Sweihan" - Abu Dhabi - 11 Feb 2022

Varun Mehndiratta

@Varun Mehndirattawhat a drive. Kudos to you for such a wonderful drive. I am sure everyone had a blast. Ridge riding, pace, switching contributed to the drive being exciting. Lets not forget @Hisham Masaad sweeped amazingly and was such a big support during the drive. Just one pop out for @Mohamad Anwer . Was great to see you in Sweihan and driving with you in the same convoy at intermediate. @Naveen Rajexcellent job as Second lead. @Gertjan great driving and waiting for the pictures. @Gerrit Busdriving with you for the first time and you drove well. @Simon D was smashing the dunes and such a pleasure listening to the exhaust. @Tareq Al Turq really impressed with your driving such a massive jump with the skills and control. @Ranjan Das  did capture the big bowl which last year you were struggling with the cut off issue. @Waqas Parvez big boss drive . @MMansoor hope you get the bumper fixed soon. @ASAD.bhai with the best Prado and skills.😄 @Beide Workugreat drive specially with a LWB but unexpected events happen . Hope your car is fixed soon and see you in the desert soon. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

14 hours ago, Beide Worku said:

To my sand brotheren,

Happy to say we left the car in capable hands and are now relaxing at home with a cold one. If it weren't for the facelift it needs, it could have gone straight back to the next drive after the last fix. It drove itself to the garage as though nothing happened. 

Big thanks to @Varun Mehndiratta  for the thrilling ride as always and for constantly checking to make sure everything is okay. @Hisham Masaad the maestro indeed! I've already told Santa what I want for Christmas: for him to load my drawers with everything you have in your car :)

My gratitude to the entire convoy who pitched in whether getting their hands dirty, giving up their precious water, or just waiting on us with patience. Finally the support @Waqas Parvez @Simon D @Tareq Al Turq deserves a round of applause.
Have a lovely weekend and see you soon on the next one. 

Thank you for a great drive @Varun Mehndiratta, beautiful dunes and amazing high level terrain. This was my 2nd Intermediate come back drive since my last serious offroading incident at Sweihan and it was amazing to regain my confidence and drive again with my old off roading bodies, @Waqas Parvez @ASAD. @Vaibhav @Simon D @Ranjan Das great to see you guys.

Thank you @Beide Workufor your help with my popout, I was very impressed with the drawers on your F150 and the air pressure jack, no jinks!. Unfortunately, you ended with the nose dive incident that caused some damage to the front of your beautiful pickup and some radiator leaks. Thanks to the great support of the team and some creative problem solving, especially from the king @Hisham Masaad  &@Waqas Parvez@Simon D  @Tareq Al Turq,  they eventually managed to get your car on the road. 

Thank you to the support team @Waqas Parvez and @Hisham Masaad

Thank you to the rest of the team for a great skilled and well controlled drive. 

I look forward to driving with you all again soon. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

1 hour ago, Hisham Masaad said:

First IM drive in Sweihan. Was able to achieve, with the idea of @Abdelghani to camp, and join the drive. Was a great idea, and really enjoyed the whole trip. Amazing camping and driving. Thank you very much @Varun Mehndiratta for arranging the drive, very well planned and executed. Very impressed with all drivers, to end the drive without any issue, when it comes to driving skills. Other things can happen, and i can say nothing major, comparing to the drive level. Thank you all, pleasure to see you again, and look forward to meet you again in good health. 

20230210_190501.jpg

20230210_183759.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

Think everyone has already covered the drive report but have to still thank @Varun Mehndiratta and the maestro @Hisham Masaad accompanied by our very own Robin (from batman & Robin) @Abdelghani 😄. Fantastic lead, amazing route and never ending support. 

Always fun having friends from the support team around @Waqas Parvez @Vaibhav @Simon D @Ranjan Das

@Mohamad Anwer great to have you back brother, drove behind you for some time today and saw the old confidence and assurance back. Cant me more happier for you. 

@Tareq Al Turq you were more of support team today, thank you and fantastic driving. 

@Beide Worku & @MMansoor hope the cars get fixed soon. 

@Gertjan @Gerrit Bus nice to meet you, fantastic driving and pictures. 

our 2L was so quiet that i almost forgot him 😂. @Naveen Raj with a 3L pajero you rocked.

1 minute ago, Mohamad Anwer said:

20230210_190501.jpg

we missed those Kebabs ☺️

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use