Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Up, Up & Away in Area 53 - Sharjah - 29 Apr 2023

Almost forgot I managed to get a clip of @Ishak climbing.

@Varun Mehndiratta the comms certainly add to the fun, confidence and encouragement they sound awesome on the video too.

@Mark B I’ve seen a few videos in the past of me driving and it’s helped to get an outside perspective of what the car is doing.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Mark B I’m also thinking a couple hundred litres of water in the bed may help balance out our gladiators, for those bumpy climbs.

Yeah I did , a little more than I expected.

11 hours ago, Varun Mehndiratta said:

next time first I will ask who has the camera and then plan the convoy order … need more than just my voice in it

A few clips for you @Varun Mehndiratta. Not the best quality. Would be better if I drive behind you 🫣

Auditioning for the role of second lead 😁

https://we.tl/t-zKcp9eXSTO

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Bashar Beasha said:

A few clips for you @Varun Mehndiratta. Not the best quality. Would be better if I drive behind you 🫣

Thanks @Bashar Beasha you are the best.,. They are amazing🙏🙏.. Done you are the SL designate for all my future drives, @Ishak you are fired  😀😀👍

• Haha (+1) 5

Dear Sand Sailors

Thanks for all the kind words and your feedback on the drive. Honestly, it was the each one of you and ofcourse collectively as a group that made it fun and awesome - the banter, the camardarie, the spirit of challenging ourselves really added to the overall experience and a fun saturday morning.

Oh i totally missed to share - it was my 25th Lead Drive and surely couldnt have asked for a better way to celebrate it with you all. Thanks again. 

I have been travelling, so didnt had chance to share my feedback on the drive earlier. In general, between the posts, beautiful pics and awesome videos you all have covered the basic gist of how amazing the day was - starting from word go till the last climb up on Iftar Bowl. Honestly, with all the climbs we did this saturday, Iftar bowl felt like a small baby :)

For Data buffs : Overall we travelled around 48Km. i.e. at an average moving speed of 18.67Km, which may sound slow. However, add to it a climb up of a whopping 1.25Km, it takes the whole element to another level. Yes guys,  we went up 1.5 time the ht of Burj Khalifa. It was just awesome.

Sand was super soft and traffic that beats SZR at peak time. Each and every play area we explored, we witnessed multiple cars stuck or crested - a good reflection of challenge terrain offered- however on the whole drive, we took out ropes and shovels just once. Ofcourse, we had regular refusals but nothing that wasn't self recovered or nicely guided through with limited assistance. 

Kudos to all of you for achieving this feat.

@Ishak @Felix Obst though thanks to @Bashar Beasha and his videography skills, you both lost your position, still as always, you did really well through the drive. Amazingly receptive and prompt in making all the adjustments - not an easy feat on super crazy high climbs around Area 53. Thanks for your support  But what can i say - Its not you, its me - so its Bashar next time 😜.

@Bashar Beasha dude you were awesome on this drive, totally a different person compared to our last drive togather - super confident and at ease. Very well done. 

@Ahmad Nerat Your ear to ear smile through the drive kept me pushing to step it all up. Was amazing to see you sail on your LC. 

@Mark B 1st Fb +, Area 53 and a crazy convoy hell bent on climbing every dune they saw, anyone can get nervous - been there done that. The fact you could eventually manage to beat it all - without needing any re-routing, without any major stuck or refusal is a good reflection on your skill set.  This gladiator has no limit. Very well done, see you soon. 

@Gary F  Brilliant as always, ofcourse you made sure we give @Benjamin and @Krishna R a chance to take out their weapons. 

@Benjamin @Sunil Mathew @Krishna R thanks for your support - you kept the convoy togather and ensured each of the refusals are handled with patience and ease.

@Bjoern @Patrick van der Loo @Jaro Tuzinsky - as always a smooth drive for you all. Hope to see you all soon. 

Thanks all, have a nice week ahead. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

11 hours ago, Bashar Beasha said:

Hey Bashar what camera is this?? It pretty cool! Looks like some motion tracking going on 

26 minutes ago, Mark B said:

Hey Bashar what camera is this?? It pretty cool! Looks like some motion tracking going on 

Hi Mark. I’m using an Insta360 X3.

There is an option to track objects during edit and playback yes, and you can manually change the view. It is cool and its fun to watch the footage 😁

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use