Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Murquab to Faqa - Dubai - 19 Aug 2023

Frederic

@Davie Chase and @Frederic , the today’s drive was a true class for me on how to lead a convoy with kindness and patience. I think almost all of us got stuck or refusals  at the higher temperature of the day and you were there to support us with NEVER loosing the good sense of humor and always in a positive way. It was an amazing role model and this drive will be recorded in my memory. All my respect and gratitude for you 🙏🙏🙏🙏.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

The last 200 m is one of the most technical areas in Dubai deserts. I remember our final day on leaders lead @Davie Chase and you led us out. No doubt it took so much time to get out. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

@Looper yes Buddy it was I remember it well, and today was super soft, but the guys did amazingly well, it was just a great spirit of adventure and patience, could not have asked for a better convoy they were simply the best today. 

• Like (+1) 4

I couldn't ask for more on my first fewbie drive...that was pure cocktail(still hungover). Seen, been and learned a lot from so many tricky situations, stucks, refusal...

@Frederic  @Davie Chase thanks for leading us. We salute your efforts..

Thanks everyone for the support,  looking forward for the next adventure.. see you all in sand soon...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

“When the going gets tough, the tough keep going”…

I think we can split up this drive in two parts . The first part we had a good run and seemed even perhaps to good to be true, with all you guys pushing the throttle superbly and the flow was virtually uninterrupted. Perhaps i became a bit greedy as we were pretty close to the famous chimney aka “The eye of Sauron” and i was imagining a photo shoot with the entire convoy in front of it. 

Here is where part two started: Sauron fixed it’s gaze on us and started to draw us closer and closer, through portions of extremely soft terrain. We were blinded by its gaze and realized the only way out would be to work as a team and with the team we had today was so helpful through every step and stuck. From @Davie Chasesimultaneously wielding the shovel and winch to warn off Sauron’s attacks, to @Emanuel parking his Pajero a couple of times on a crest with the clear intent of taunting Sauron even more 😜

All kidding aside, I’m glad we made it out with big smiles as this kind of drives don’t happen often but they provide stories to remember, and we have learned not to taunt Sauron, but to steer clear and bow with respect. 

Brilliant first Fewbie drive for @Abhilash Kottakkal with fantastic attitude and always ready to help out. @Ben Lee, @Cristianwho drove fantastic today and helped out where they could, @PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke and @Emanuelproving that the Pajeros are indestructible in hostile territory, @Adam Jamesand @FERNANDO SYRIO trying to stay afloat on the shifting sands in the back, and @Davie Chaseas my superstar mate to get us all out of this mess. 

I guess most of us took a nap after reaching home and even after showering there still seems to be sand lodged in awkward places 😂

See you all soon for the next adventure!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use