Sonic Desert Experience Sitdown- The Dark Side Of The Moon Album - Dubai- 4Nov 2023

Frederic

Will you be camping that night at the location ?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be camping that night at the location ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet

What a great signup !

@Gaurav@Srikumar@Looper@Gok Krish@Mohammad Sayawoush Azad@Krishna R@Senthil Kumar@Sreenath G@Ahmad Nerat@Premjit Vappala@AlexM@sohinik@Bjoern@Ignacio Quindós@Soufiane@Abhilash Kottakkal@Jaro Tuzinsky@Ben Williams@Bhaskar

Some information prior to the event:

1. This is not an off-road drive, but a sit-down session to look and listen to the Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon album together.  Bring your chairs, or a beach mat if you prefer to sit in the sand.

2. The meeting time is 7.30PM.  Meeting location is https://maps.app.goo.gl/AU7pE4S6kJCCp56e9

3. We will deflate to 15psi and head out together to the camping spot by 7.50PM latest.

4. Upon arrival we will park the cars 20-30m away from the actual sit-down point. 

5. Setting up the gear will take about 20mins max. You can also use that time to setup your tent if you like.

6. During the duration of the album listening, please respect the people who like to pay attention by not shouting, driving around with big lights, or disturbing the event in general. The total duration of the album is 43mins.

Album information

The album reflects on various stages of human life, beginning and ending with a heartbeat, exploring the nature of the human experience and, according to Roger Waters, "empathy".

Below the playlist of the album. The visuals are taken from Live concerts in 1974 Wembley and combined with more contemporary visuals. 

1. Breathe. 

2. Speak to me.

"Speak to Me" and "Breathe" together highlight the mundane and futile elements of life that accompany the ever-present threat of madness, and the importance of living one's own life – "Don't be afraid to care".

2. On the Run. By shifting the scene to an airport, the synthesiser-driven instrumental "On the Run" evokes the stress and anxiety of modern travel, in particular Wright's fear of flying.

3. Time. "Time" examines the manner in which its passage can control one's life and offers a stark warning to those who remain focused on mundane pursuits; 

4. The Great Gig In The Sky. The first side of the album ends with Wright and vocalist Clare Torry's soulful metaphor for death, "The Great Gig in the Sky".

5. Money.  The first track on side two, opens with the sound of cash registers and rhytmical jingling coins. The song mocks greed and consumerism with sarcastic lyrics and cash-related sound effects. "Money" became the band's most commercially successful track and was covered by many other artists.

6. Us and Them. "Us and Them" addresses the isolation of the depressed with the symbolism of conflict and the use of simple dichotomies to describe personal relationships. 

7. Any Colour You Like. "Any Colour You Like" tackles the illusion of choice one has in society. 

8. Brain Damage. "Brain Damage" looks at mental illness resulting from the elevation of fame and success above the needs of the self; in particular, the line "and if the band you're in starts playing different tunes" reflects the mental breakdown of former bandmate Syd Barrett.  

9. Eclipse. The album ends with "Eclipse", which espouses the concepts of otherness and unity, while encouraging the listener to recognize the common traits shared by humanity. 

More information can be found here:

The Dark Side of the Moon - Wikipedia

PINK FLOYD - DARK SIDE OF THE MOON LYRICS (songlyrics.com)

Hope to see you all tomorrow evening !

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• Like (+1) 5

Hi @Frederic. As it is on dinner time. I thought I will buy so sandwiches on gas station. But now plan changed, I'm making Briyani. So will get for 10pax. Which we can share..😍 I hope it is allowed. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

25 minutes ago, Sreenath G said:

Hi @Frederic. As it is on dinner time. I thought I will buy so sandwiches on gas station. But now plan changed, I'm making Briyani. So will get for 10pax. Which we can share..😍 I hope it is allowed. 

Absolutely !

20 minutes ago, Krishna R said:

hey @Fredericstill stuck in bur Dubai for Diwali shopping.

I still hope to make it, however, is it allowed to come directly to the camping area?

Hi @Krishna R the meeting time is 7:30 and we will head straight to the camping point at around 7:50. I don’t advise to drive straight to the camping point yourself as it’s 6km inside the desert.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

23 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Hi @Krishna R the meeting time is 7:30 and we will head straight to the camping point at around 7:50. I don’t advise to drive straight to the camping point yourself as it’s 6km inside the desert.

Start reading sometime @Krishna R

image.png

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use