•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Sweihan's Pristine Areas - Abu-Dhabi - 20 Jan 2024

Frederic

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

As the title says, in this installment we will go and search for the lesser-known areas of Sweihan, with the aim of finding pristine areas free of cross-tracks. Expect to cover quite a bit of distance on high pace.

We will take no prisoners !

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities. 

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Intermediate and above
When: 20 Jan 2024, Saturday
Meeting time:  7AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)
Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/1urKtMPmGr7fa6JW6
Approximate finish time: 10:30 AM
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

RECOMENDED OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor (MANDATORY)
  • Walkie-talkie radio (MANDATORY)
  • Off-road flag (MANDATORY)
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 9AM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

image.png.c0e48edbeb6d4d4cae447025763f5889.png

@Naveen Raj@Alexanderrr@Tareq Al Turq@Ashutosh Garg@Senthil Kumar@AlexM@Jona@munkybizness@Gok Krish@Sunil Mathew

Good morning guys ! Please find your convoy positions for tomorrow.

The plan is to have a drive which combines some technical areas with some high paced smooth rolling dunes, and keep away from the heavily scarred areas of Sweihan.

Be careful in case of fog on the way to your meeting point, as this also means the speed cameras will be set to lower limits, and take care of the lack of visibility.

We will be rolling on Channel 2 - 446.031 Mhz and might come across @JeromeFJhis convoy in the Nahel area.

See you all tomorrow morning !

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 minutes ago, Gok Krish said:

@Fredericpls excuse me for signing out of the exciting drive ... Am reeling from cold and severe cough. Will not be able to focus properly .. best wishes everyone. 

It's the time of the year buddy, has a similar thing 2 weeks back. Take plenty of rest !

Thanks for joining this morning @Naveen Raj@Alexanderrr@Jona@Mark B@Ashutosh Garg@Tareq Al Turq@AlexM@munkybizness@Sunil Mathew !

The aim of combining the technical areas with the more open bigger dunes seemed to have worked. I was having the time of my life in the first part just hopping from little bowl to little bowl. This is the area where we faced our pop-out, which was fixed quickly and allowed us to enjoy the magnificent weather this morning.

The second part, as we could call Sweihan North (close to Nahel) was glorious as well. We were able to pick up some speed and i hope the level was up to your expectations. My aim was to create a smooth flowing drive in that second part and you all drive fantastic, so i could just enjoy and look ahead :)

Great support by @Sunil Mathew who was sweeping us today, superb second lead @Naveen Raj, and @munkybizness who kept the neighborhood awake as well :) 

I might focus on the technical areas of Sweihan in a future separate installment. Stay tuned !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Important Information

Terms of use