•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Fossil Rock - Sharjah - 06 Nov 2020

Wrangeld

Limited to 15 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.

• 1 Lead Marshal + 2 or 1 Senior Members + 12 Members.
  • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list

I want to join plz i am number 12 ☺️

how can i add my name on the drive thread?

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Magdy Zahran said:

Hi i want to go can you add me pleaaaaaase

You're in @Magdy Zahran

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear Fossil Rockers

State of play so far. We are a convoy of 14. @Ahab Shamaa @Magdy Zahran @syed salman raza @Luca Bregni @Sandeep Padhi @Bhaskar @Federico Galbieri @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ @Nithin Vaidir @Sharooq Fassul @Ranjan Das @Sai Baskaran

Fossil Rock and the lead up to the rock awaits. 

Another check before you get up early tomorrow morning and so you don't risk being turned away.

IS YOUR CAR SAND READY? 

• Flag, and mount (that will not fall off every five minutes)
  • Tow points front and back. We will not allow you on the drive if your car only has a tow ball at the rear - this is unsafe for desert recoveries
  • Working radio programmed to the correct Carnity Channel (this will be channel 2)

IS YOUR MIND SAND READY? 

Fossil Rock can be a challenging area because it is not all wide sweeping dunes and spaces to traverse from one to the other. It can be a challenge for newbie drivers because, especially when you do not have your A game with you. If you are driving with Family and friends, remind them you will need to concentrate during the drive, pay attention to radio messages and deal with any recoveries calmly. 

WILL YOU BE READY ON TIME? 

We really try to leave on time for our drives. It's quite frustrating for other drivers if you arrive even a few minutes late and then start deflation. So ... plan to arrive early, deflate as soon as you arrive, put up your flag and we can get moving as soon as possible. After all, we are out in the desert to drive, not to wait for our convoy to get ready and preapre before leaving. 

see you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

8 minutes ago, syed salman raza said:

@Wrangeld

My jeep only have a tow ball at the rear - is it allowed to change tow ball with sft shakle OR D shackle of 5T or more

Please advise

Hu @syed salman raza you will need the following:

853888321_AORreceiver.png.5a38ed479af02487dce25e2a5aca4f0b.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

18 minutes ago, syed salman raza said:

@Frederic noted will try to get same but if I remove Tow ball I can fit D shakle at same hole in the towing bracket

OK, in doubt send us a photo here.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, syed salman raza said:

You can remove the ball and replace with a proper rated D-shackle. Take the biggest you can find that fits.

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use