•  

Lens Lovers Club - Evening Star Photography Session - 11 May 2021

Frederic

Just now, JeromeFJ said:

I'm in :) Thanks !

great !
Which camera equipment are you bringing ? 

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 minute ago, Mario Cornejo said:

@Frederic do you mind sharing the actual location of the sabkha where the convoy will be heading to? 

Dropped pin
https://goo.gl/maps/evTYSczdWxRgfTe9A

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mikhail Lukichev said:
  • set manual white balance to 3200-3500K

@Mikhail Lukichev my Nikon3300 doesn't allow custom kelvin setting for White Balance so I will stick to Auto as the presets they have seem not suited for night photography (Auto, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Direct Sunlight, Flash, Cloudy, Shade).  Do let me know if any of the presets are closer to the desired 3200-3500 range? 

Appreciate these pre-trip setting guidance- thankyou!! I have got hold of a remote trigger that allows for multi-shot programming and have downloaded Sequator ready to play with the stacked image (I have a sub for Photoshop so looking forward to playing with the images we capture) 

Thank you also @Frederic for choosing a great location for the night (I have read its a Bortle 4 site which is impressive considering we are <1hour from most folks homes!)

1278420781_AstroLocationInfo.jpg.0c43ba6e41645aa703fc43fe8539093f.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Niki said:

my Nikon3300 doesn't allow custom kelvin setting for White Balance so I will stick to Auto as the presets they have seem not suited for night photography (Auto, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Direct Sunlight, Flash, Cloudy, Shade).  Do let me know if any of the presets are closer to the desired 3200-3500 range? 

Hi @Niki!

Not a problem, we can start with Direct Sunlight and try other options if it is not good enough 😃

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Frederic said:

@Jorge Stepniak Felippe could you please update us on which equipment (Camera model, lenses) you will be bringing ?

Hi it will be a Nikon D850 with wide angle lens and my iPhone as well just for fun 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mario Cornejo said:

@Frederic - I regret to inform I will have to pass this meet up.  It is unfortunate as I just got a nice wide angle lens I wanted to try.

Thank you and look forward to a future meet up!

Sorry to hear that @Mario Cornejo.See you soon in one of our drives !

@Yousef Alimadadiwould you be able to make it ? If so let me know so i can add you.

PS which camera are you bringing ?

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use