COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Big Red - Sharjah - 12 Jun 2021

@Islam Soliman it's 4:12am and i'm at the Google Maps point but no one here, did I get the wrong gps? Sorry first time from Abu Dhabi here 😁 See photos:

D7C26287-DA87-40E9-8561-65A6F6318935.png.355fa7141c9f1e332067923e4456c18d.png

F3B8C1EE-113B-4DC0-A50B-98D0A13ED64B.jpeg.a6af32c643a8401b9686e7f4711cf53e.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

Wow.  What a drive.  Best way to finish weekend. Ridge riding, Side sloping, hill climbing and everyone pushed their vehicles really hard. It was amazing. Also unexpected surprise at big red, a thick fog  covering the dune.  Got plenty of time to play at Pink Rock. Thanks @Islam Soliman @Hisham Masaad @Ranjan Das and  all the team for the wonderful drive. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Islam Soliman for leading the drive, @Hisham Masaad having a senior member behind me was comforting in case i get stuck. Haven't seen bowls after bowls like in the Big Red, so it was well worth the drive from Abu Dhabi (and waking up at 1:30am) 😁👍🏻

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Great to know it was worth your travel from AD @Zed and glad you joined us. Looking forward for our next drive together

@Chinthaka Ruwan it’s my first time to see such fog on top of BR and it was really hard to see where I was going .. you and everyone did wonderful overall..

@Nathan Evans , @Hisham Masaad and @Ranjan Das thx for the amazing support 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 4

Thanks for the nice and challenging ride @Islam Soliman, it really helped me to widen my limits and conquer my fears, and go beyond what i am used to. 

Driving behind our Jimny man @Nathan Evans, who was 2L, i could always see 2 tracks , the wider ones of the behemoth yukon of our lead @Islam Soliman and second - the very tight ones belonging to the Jimny , and very deceiving,  if i try to follow the latter!!!

Keeping up the pace and choosing the right exits from bowls in  low visibility was really a challenge and our lead Islam definitely deserves a round of applause for doing this safely, although i think we could not fully execute what he had in mind for us due to the fog, nevertheless!!

Thank you @Hisham Masaad for the tug, the first one in my life 😀👍...thanks to the patience of all fellow drivers , as i think i got crested unnecessarily at a very easy spot, the fear of rocks on the other side, as warned by Islam, was the culprit and resulted in my hesitation in giving gas.

All in all , the drive definitely gives me a sense of satisfaction and achievement, as @Islam Soliman was mentioning in his closing brief.

Thanks again to the convoy, until we meet again,

Looking forward and coming back for more!!

Relive link

https://www.relive.cc/view/v7O9VrdKyL6

Some photos in gallery too.

Edited by Sunil Mathew
Added relive link
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Such a nice drive! Thank you to everyone and especially @Islam Solimanand @Hisham Masaad!

One thing I realized today is the selflessness of the the marshals and the seniors on drives. They don't need to be there, they can be doing more challenging drives. Yet they take out the time to develop the skills of drivers like us! Thank you! 

Seeing the fog was quite nice and unexpected. Its amazing how you move from one bowl to the next and how you slingshot yourself if you miss on the first attempt. 

I got to practice ridge-riding and crossovers. Was happy to find the sweet spot while doing crossovers, you know when it's a smooth transition and not a bumpy crossover. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 3

14 minutes ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

Theis was the best of my dozens or so drive to date! Amazing choice of itinerary @Islam Soliman , well paved with enough challenges, fun and excellent training. I fell in love with Big Red bowls and I want to be back ! When we pickup up pace, it was so satisfying and engaging !

Superb support from our crew and special thanks to Mr Q (aka @Hisham Masaad) who pulled me out of trouble once (pun intended) and intervened effectively to put everybody back on track. Thank you @Ranjan Dasto watch our back and make sure we all came safely home. 

Excellent ! 

As per custom, here a souvenir of the drive plus some bonus tracks of the boys playing in the pink rock sandpit. Thanks all for being great companions of this exciting morning !

Love the videos @PaoloMaraziti! And how pearl jam is playing in the background! 

• Like (+1) 4

Great drive @Islam Soliman, with a great team, believe all enjoyed. Thanks for @Nathan Evans and @Ranjan Das for the support. Glad to meet again  @JeromeFJ @Chinthaka Ruwan @Humayun Ghias   @Sunil Mathew . Pleasure driving with @Russ @Zed and many thanks for @PaoloMaraziti for the nice videos . What a position to be in front of you 😁 to be in your videos

• Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use