COVID19 Compliant - Thursday Night Fewbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 1 Jul 2021

Srikumar

5 hours ago, Srikumar said:

Trip Report

An evening well spent with some wonderful drivers in a route that was challenging, but then that has to be expected in Sweihan, when day time temperatures reach close to 50 deg. C causing patches of super soft sand. 

After a quick briefing, we entered the dunes and the entire convoy responded brilliantly with a fast paced action packed drive which involved side slopping, crisscrossing and ridge riding. At one point, someone asked on the Radio that this felt like an Intermediate drive and that was a testament of the quality of drivers and the faith they put on each other.

The most important thing about doing fast paced Night drives is to trust the cars in front that if they can do it, so can we. And this can be done only by maintaining the right distance from the car in front. 

And just as we got ourselves into the massive dunes and bowls, Sweihan once again reminded all of us that this is a serious terrain as patches of powder soft sand resulted in few refusals, stucks and a Check Engine Light. But all of this also brings out camaraderie amongst the drive particpants in the form of good humor and stories while enjoying the cool weather of the night.

Excellent driving by all the drive members @Hasan Wahlan @Zed @Karthikeyan Govindarajan @Lakshmi Narasimhan @Xavier Treasurer @Mus_hus78 @Ruan van den Heever @Farouq Owdeh.

We had very good support from @GauravSoni in the middle helping out with the refusals till he had the CEL. 

And of course a big shout out to @Lorenzo Candelpergher for holding the entire convoy together at the back, shoveling, tugging and rerouting as needed. 

Look forward to catching up with you all very soon for another night drive

One sentence for this drive “ DRIVE OF THE MONTH “ ….. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 6/30/2021 at 1:15 PM, Srikumar said:

@GauravSoni @Farouq Owdeh @Ruan van den Heever @Zed @Mus_hus78 @Xavier Treasurer @Hasan Wahlan @Lakshmi Narasimhan

Now, this is what I called a Super Strong FB Convoy. So famous are the Sweihan boys, that we have quite a few drivers coming all the way from Dubai and Sharjah to see what the hype is all about. So here's hoping for another rocking drive in Sweihan 🤞

With the able support of the flying Italian @Lorenzo Candelpergher, I will be more than happy to push the pace and increase the challenge during the drive. 

See you all at the meeting point tomorrow at 9 PM. Convoy numbering would be announced tomorrow morning. 

Thank you @Srikumar for giving us a preview of Fewbie++ and what face-paced driving in a convoy feels like 😁 Thanks to @Lorenzo Candelpergher too for teaching us shovel techniques to get out of sticky situations 👍🏻

Bro @GauravSoni, was your air filter box full of sand like in this video? >> If so, the sensor maybe did get damaged and needs replacement...

Hope you manage to fix it before the next weekend drive 👌🏻

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Well I got the replacement and a spare sensor just in case…. And yes @Zed the filter box was atleast half full when we opened it…

i am going through different forums on pajero to find a way to reduce the sand intake… Maybe a snorkel or additional layer of filter…. Still some more research to do….

Thanks @Srikumar for the awesome drive… I was still thinking it was an intermediate drive for the first 10 mins…thanks for finding a quick exit …thanks @Lorenzo Candelpergher @Zed @Lakshmi Narasimhan foR helping out with the car…  

Well driven everyone!! 
my car is fine now and ready for the next adventure with the sweihan boys!!! 
Until next time!! 🤟🏻

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use