•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Al Fayah - Abu Dhabi - 09 Jul 2021

Frederic

Thanks for your drive report @M.Seidam and the support yesterday morning.

Upon the first 15 minutes we headed into the dunes, we had to cross a technical area that made me fear the whole track would be like this, but soon the air cleared and we were greeted by super virgin dunes, indeed quite similar to the Qudra and Lisaili area in Dubai, which in fact is not surprising because the distance from the shore line and mountains is similar. We can easily see the closer you get to the mountains, the more ore colours the sand more brownish and red. 

We were able to explore quite a bit, and the entire team was performing splendid ! I had a superb second lead watching over me and making small corrections where needed for the convoy. Great job @Xavier Treasurer

Also an extra pat on the back of @Humayun Ghias who took the Y62 with stock bumpers unscathed through this area and never struggled anywhere. Mighty impressive !

The minimum amount of refusals and stucks, and a small pop-out which was easily fixed, meant we could cover about 50kms while keeping a good pace. Obviously as this was the very first time we explored the area you can be assured that in the future we can scale it up even further once we gained some experience.

I want to thank also our Dubai/Sharjah boys @Lakshmi Narasimhan@Mario Cornejo@Humayun Ghias @GauravSoni @M.Seidamwho took the effort of getting the stick up the nose and driving the distance. I think you can agree these few seconds of inconvenience are totally worth it, and once you will have experienced Sweihan, Bu Tais, Wagan area you will want to set up your tent permanently :) After all, Fayah is only the tip of the iceberg.

Our Abu Dhabi / Al Ain Team came in full force as well, and I love driving with such an amazing team who stick together and demonstrate the camaraderie and jokes during the drive, but are also pro-active in supporting within the convoy.

Thank you all for the great morning spent together and looking forward to meeting you all again !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Frederic wonderful that you and the entire team were venturing into new terrains. The certainty of the unknown does add to the excitement and it's great to see some very good particpation from both Abu Dhabi as well as Dubai members. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Having a 2.5" lift gives me the confidence of not getting crested 90% of the time. Well, this trip jinxed that thought and after looking at the scratches made on my cross-members, I'm thinking of getting a full underbody skid-plate next... just in case our Marshals ask to cross a "railway" again 😂😂😂

Thanks to @Frederic for leading the adventure, @Xavier Treasurer for 2nd lead and @M.Seidam for sweeping and capturing those moments 👍🏻

Also kudos to my new friends from Dubai who took the extra mile of crossing the border @GauravSoni @Lakshmi Narasimhan @Humayun Ghias and finally get to see my dream car VTC SWB Patrol  @Mario Cornejo  😊

Until next time!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

@Frederic it was a great exploration drive, worth coming from Sharjah. Guess I have to shift my home near Abudhabi border. Nice terrain narrow technical dunes, exploring the length of the terrain for much longer duration will be good to try in winter.

Thanks to all the friends and support team for joining the drive and making it a wonderful, exciting, joyful ride. See you all again soon, till then have a nice week.

77476F48-AB55-4511-95FF-C0D444696407.jpeg

190472F6-9F42-4622-9EE3-8382240E6E0C.jpeg

6D81EF3B-F1A0-4629-BE9E-EFE64FCA4F58.jpeg

B4130B62-E15D-4A94-A450-CA788B40728C.jpeg

54 minutes ago, Zed said:

I'm thinking of getting a full underbody skid-plate next... just in case our Marshals ask to cross a "railway" again 😂😂😂

Be happy for the battle scars even before it started😐😐😐. You are much better than me, I have damaged my side step and scratches underbelly badly.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad (0) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

9 minutes ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

@Frederic it was a great exploration drive, worth coming from Sharjah. Guess I have to shift my home near Abudhabi border.

Maybe it's time to add a roof tent to the next Pajero upgrades. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 4

Just now, Srikumar said:

Maybe it's time to add a roof tent to the next Pajero upgrades. 

Even without tent we camped at meeting point over night!!!! Nothing can stop us 😜

• Haha (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Frederic said:

Thanks for your drive report @M.Seidam and the support yesterday morning.

Upon the first 15 minutes we headed into the dunes, we had to cross a technical area that made me fear the whole track would be like this, but soon the air cleared and we were greeted by super virgin dunes, indeed quite similar to the Qudra and Lisaili area in Dubai, which in fact is not surprising because the distance from the shore line and mountains is similar. We can easily see the closer you get to the mountains, the more ore colours the sand more brownish and red. 

We were able to explore quite a bit, and the entire team was performing splendid ! I had a superb second lead watching over me and making small corrections where needed for the convoy. Great job @Xavier Treasurer

Also an extra pat on the back of @Humayun Ghias who took the Y62 with stock bumpers unscathed through this area and never struggled anywhere. Mighty impressive !

The minimum amount of refusals and stucks, and a small pop-out which was easily fixed, meant we could cover about 50kms while keeping a good pace. Obviously as this was the very first time we explored the area you can be assured that in the future we can scale it up even further once we gained some experience.

I want to thank also our Dubai/Sharjah boys @Lakshmi Narasimhan@Mario Cornejo@Humayun Ghias @GauravSoni @M.Seidamwho took the effort of getting the stick up the nose and driving the distance. I think you can agree these few seconds of inconvenience are totally worth it, and once you will have experienced Sweihan, Bu Tais, Wagan area you will want to set up your tent permanently :) After all, Fayah is only the tip of the iceberg.

Our Abu Dhabi / Al Ain Team came in full force as well, and I love driving with such an amazing team who stick together and demonstrate the camaraderie and jokes during the drive, but are also pro-active in supporting within the convoy.

Thank you all for the great morning spent together and looking forward to meeting you all again !

3 hours ago, Zed said:

Having a 2.5" lift gives me the confidence of not getting crested 90% of the time. Well, this trip jinxed that thought and after looking at the scratches made on my cross-members, I'm thinking of getting a full underbody skid-plate next... just in case our Marshals ask to cross a "railway" again 😂😂😂

Thanks to @Frederic for leading the adventure, @Xavier Treasurer for 2nd lead and @M.Seidam for sweeping and capturing those moments 👍🏻

Also kudos to my new friends from Dubai who took the extra mile of crossing the border @GauravSoni @Lakshmi Narasimhan @Humayun Ghias and finally get to see my dream car VTC SWB Patrol  @Mario Cornejo  😊

Until next time!

Thanks @Fredericfor this dubai type dunes exploration drive. Altho we couldn’t find any lake or pond which @Zedmentioned but we definitely found “Gas pipeline” going all the way from Abu Dhabi to Fujairah 😬….. anyways thanks to everyone who joined us from DXB……, well everyone had our car belly scratched 😜….. next time we will be more careful while crossing ….. hope to catch you guys soon 🔜……

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use