•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Lisaili to Margham - Dubai - 17 Sep 2021

Mehmet Volga

I had missed churning sands a lot so was impatient to get in play after my two months long summer vacation. The plan was going through the unavoidable technical part as quick as possible to reach up the play area and enjoy the full speed there. Lisaili desert immediately reminded me how are the rules: don't mess with technical dunes ;)

I opened the season by getting stuck myself at the very beginning then the convoy followed the leader :D I couldn't count how many refusals and stucks we had yesterday. Normally there is no way to finish the track in time with such number of stucks but there was something extraordinary with the convoy yesterday: an unbelievably ambitious team attacking on troubles with an amazing coordination and teamwork! A unique selection of club members worked like fighter ants to sort out multiple and simultaneous stucks, dividing into teams shoveling and tugging all around without waiting for a call. Perfect example for a part of the Carnity team! I will never forget this convoy!

Our driving pace was slow at the beginning due to stucks and refusals but our speed was amazingly high during recovering them out! In this way we were able to reach to Margham and surf on the dunes for the last hour of the drive. Our magical first timers; @Pierre de Maigret did his first second leading, perfectly responded to my last minute warnings and saved the convoy from falling bottomless bowls. @Ben84 did his first sweeping, keeping our eyes at the back of the convoy for the full time and helped rescuing each trouble with his shovel and rope. You both will find handling SL/SW a piece of cake in your upcoming drives after yesterday's experience I believe :D 

No word to tell how @Veedooshee was so i will not try much. She simply saved our drive! Her flying pajero was everywhere needed, advising, coordinating, shoveling, tugging and joking! Now I have to support at least 10 drives of @Anish S to compensate her yesterday's support 😏

Each driver in the convoy was excellent, having strong rhinos under their feet. Hats out to all from experienced drivers @Warren Flay @Kenneth Bollhardt @JamesThorn @Marwan Haddad @Daniel Yang to the fresh fewbies @Naim Aoun @Ahmed Wagdy. Outstanding performance in dealing both small technical dunes and high-speed ridge-riding / crisscrossing 💪 You are now much higher on the off-road ladder going to upper Carnity levels. 

Thank you all for your support, friendship, fun and performance. Let's meet in the next!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use